Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increase in clear airway events
Increase in clear airway events
Hello.  I am new to this forum.  I am 63-yr-old female, diagnosed with OSA in 2010.  I have consistently used a ResMed S9 Elite, with pressure of 7, no EPR.  I always use a humidifier.  For much of the time I was at 0-0.2 AHI and felt wonderful.  In the past 3 months or so, I began finding myself yawning all day, and feeling like I can not get enough air.  I am also seeing an increase in my CA events, although my other events are very minimal.  I tried using EPR but that did not work well for me.  I am not a mouth-breather, so use the nasal pillows instead of full face mask.  I also almost totally sleep on my stomach.  I have a PAP pillow which has worked great for years.  Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increase in clear airway events
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Most find it difficult to provide advice without data particularly when there has been a change in therapy after a period of good treatment. If you haven't already, I would download sleepyhead from https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./.

One you've done that, you can use an img hosting service such as Imgur to post photos to the board.

Once you've done that, I think you'll find it will be a lot easier to help you sort out the issue.

One note: EPR can increase centrals, so I would make sure that's down or off (if it isn't already, I think you may have suggested it was).
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your total AHI and what proportion of that are clear airways? Using EPR is not recommended with a rise in clear airways. If your AHI is low, then the CA's probably aren't significant.

Has there been any changes in your routine that would cause you to feel tired during the day? Have you started any new medications, as a lot of medicines can affect sleep and AHI.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SCMimi - Welcome

You've received some very good advice from the members above.  The only things that I might add would be;  1. When are the CA's are occurring?  All night long or only at the beginning or end of your sleep session.  2. Have you had any changes to medications, weight, diet, or stress?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As well as the forum, given there is a change in CA over a short period, I would go to your doctor with this and get it checked out properly.

as has been suggested, meds can play a part, especially opiates. get some sleepyhead charts up and we'll try and help where we can.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SCMimi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting it dialed in to help you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 65 36 minutes ago
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 60 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 145 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 220 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 188 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.