Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Follow up- APAP noise
Follow up- APAP noise
Dear all,

I had recently posted as we were having this terrible whistling sound coming from the APAP machine. This has been going on since day 1 and we brought back the machine to the clinic several times just to be told that it is normal so I tried living with this sound which was impossible and had a great impact on our sleep. 

Only after reading another threat online that the sound could be a malproduction I insisted to get the machine checked out and I brought it back directly to the manufacturer.
We have now received a replacement devise and there is no sound whatsoever and since months I can finally sleep.

Speaking to the engineers I have been told our machine has now been checked and there is nothing wrong with it. They were trying to blame it on the filters as we haven't changed them recently even though the machine was brand new and make the sound since day 1. We were even advise to take out the filters!?! 

Basically they are again trying to tell me that I am imagining things. 
At this stage I can see the difference I refuse to settle back living with a noisy machine.

Is there anyone who made similar experiences and what would you suggest me to do? We are overseas but I am happy to contact Philips in the US to make a complaint about this. 

Has anyone been in touch with them and could pass on any person who could assist us details to contact?

I would highly appreciate your support on this as I am so scared to having to keep fighting for this without any results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 27 8 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 484 Today, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 374 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,361 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,104 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 546 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.