Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RedMed nasal mask update
RedMed nasal mask update
I have an older Res Med nasal pillow set-up.  It has a brass ring that slips into the headgear.  I find that no matter how I adjuts it, the ring sits and puts pressure on the area area between my upper lip and nostrils.
Has this mask been updated so that there is no metal in the pillow replacement?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RedMed nasal mask update
Can you tell us the name of the mask?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know the name and can't find any markings other than the M for size on the pillow part.
Post Reply Post Reply
IDK much about other masks but I can tell you the resmed airfit p10 nasal pillow mask doesn't have a brass ring. any discomfort I felt at my lip and nose was gone after the first week. hmm. maybe a nose ring would be a good way to keep the mask on. no headgear required. just clip it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s no brass ring in the P30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you can get a new mask you'll be happy with p30i, especially if you sleep on the side or stomach. As an alternative you can get dreamwear nasal, it has 2 versions to choose from, a pillow version and a new type of mask that only slightly touches your skin.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2019, 07:27 PM)metropical Wrote: I have an older Res Med nasal pillow set-up.  It has a brass ring that slips into the headgear.  I find that no matter how I adjuts it, the ring sits and puts pressure on the area area between my upper lip and nostrils.
Has this mask been updated so that there is no metal in the pillow replacement?

Hi metropical.

Do you have the airfit n30i? I don't have the n30i and I have not tried it but as I was on my cpap mask journey and was researching on the type of masks available, I came upon this video on youtube reviewing the n30i which describes an experience that sounds a lot like what you are experiencing (between the 6:50-7:00 minute mark).  N30i review

Hope this helps!
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,223 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.