Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Redeemed!!!!!
Redeemed!!!!!
Two sleep studies and two titration studies later and finally I am in recovery.

Thank goodness. I finally went to a renowned university sleep study center. They found out that the Bipap I was on for 6 months was worthless. My AHI were between 35-67.

Now after 2 weeks on my new ASV  I am down to AHI of 0-.5.

Central apneas were killing me.

I believe that I have been in sleep apnea for at least twenty years or longer.

I first noticed that my sleep was crap after 17 months of Vietnam. Thought it was PTSD. Now I suspect Agent Orange. Who knows? 

Now I am sleeping through the night and not getting up 3-4 times to go to the restroom.

It is a wonderful life. Thank you Jesus.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Redeemed!!!!!
Welcome to the forum. It's good to learn you are getting the therapy you need. I suggest you download sleepyHead software from the link at the top of yhe page. Then if you ever want help to optimize your settings you will be able to post data in the forum. See the links below. Right now it appears you're doing great.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
EdElliot,

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear of success stories like this. Welcome to the forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your service.

Sadly, a lot of servicemembers have been exposed to toxins and diseases thst cause terrible health issues. And some of those lead to sleep disorders. :-/

I'm glad you've finally gotten your sleep apnea figured out and it's finally being properly treated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done Ed and I echo the others in thanking you for your service. Feel free to continue to contribute here to help others who might also be on the wrong initial therapy.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your service. Good luck with cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear you are going in a positive direction. Life really can get complicated and a success makes you feel like a person again.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi EdElliott,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
It is great that you have gotten the correct machine for your sleep apnea and that you are sleeping so much better, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.