Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reducing AHI to below 2
RE: Reducing AHI to below 2
(05-15-2020, 01:30 AM)Elizabethwa Wrote: Still getting some centrals but since AHI is hovering at less than 2.5 and beginning to regularly be below 2, I am thrilled.
And despite my sleep tech saying that any changes below AHI 5 make no real difference, he also advised that occasional high AHI (around 9) doesn't matter, I DO feel better!

You're not alone!  My sleep "doctor"/DME told me after my first sleep study that my apnea was too insignificant (AHI was too low) to bother treating, and that I should just go home and lose weight, sleep on my side, and "think about it".  I told him that if there IS apnea, I'd like to at least try to treat it.  So I got the titrated sleep study, and felt like a million bucks the next morning (thanks to the CPAP therapy)!

So he reluctantly prescribed me a CPAP with a fixed pressure of 5, and would have been very happy to never hear from me again.  When I complained of certain symptoms and such, he insisted that since my AHI was so low there was nothing he had to offer me.  Grrrrrr.  

So I fired him. And it's been through this great forum that I've made the necessary tweaks to "dial in" my therapy, and now I feel SO much better than ever before!!!!!

I'm sure there have got to be good sleep doctors, but I've not met any.  And I've not had great luck with respiratory techs either - my current DME has an awesome one, but I've not had the good fortune to get him again for any of my follow-up appts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 279 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  CA (cluster?) events not reducing T818 62 5,780 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: T818
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 578 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any thoughts on reducing AHI after increase from new medicine cupcakechinchilla 3 584 05-23-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Should I prioritize a lower AHI or reducing flow limits? sfr79 2 632 04-30-2023, 07:07 AM
Last Post: sfr79
  help reducing CA events ripper 5 737 04-26-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Looking for help reducing AHI theghawk 0 323 01-25-2023, 08:39 PM
Last Post: theghawk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.