Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reference range - Sleepyhead Software et al.
Reference range - Sleepyhead Software et al.
I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with OSA about a month ago, and I just received my PR 560 Auto CPAP machine this week. Fortunately, I found this forum, and downloaded the Sleepyhead Software. It is really outstanding. There is so much information.

Is there some kind of reference range that has been published to interpret this sleep data or any similar test results? I really want to know the boundaries for the various categories, especially when I meet with a doctor at the sleep center in several weeks. [/size][/font]

Thanks in advance for any assistance.[font=Times New Roman][size=medium]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reference range - Sleepyhead Software et al.
Hi xdocgx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

I'll tag onto this thread as I need to learn too. I only have a Chromebook so I thought I would be unable to run SleepyHead, but lo and behold, a member of my household has purchased a new Dell laptop that has a built-in SD card reader.

Now it is the brand new Windows 10 OS. Can SleepyHead run on it?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 12:43 AM)eddie willers Wrote: Now it is the brand new Windows 10 OS. Can SleepyHead run on it?

All I can say is that it continued to run just fine after I upgraded my Win8.1 Lenovo to Windows 10.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 03:23 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 12:43 AM)eddie willers Wrote: Now it is the brand new Windows 10 OS. Can SleepyHead run on it?

All I can say is that it continued to run just fine after I upgraded my Win8.1 Lenovo to Windows 10.

Alhough I am Internet savvy (thus the Chromebook) I am NOT computer savvy.

I went to the Sleepyhead DL page and downloaded:
SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit.exe (self-extracting file) thinking it would just install and I would be ready to read my SD card etc.

Unfortunately, its now just in the computer somewhere and I don't know how to make it start.

I started reading the 54 page thread
"SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion" and my head started to swim.

Anyone know how to talk "idiot" and help me get the program working on the Windows Laptop? (posted via my Chromebook, LOL)
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie,
Post you question in this thread...hopefully you will get an answer
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2015, 08:04 PM)xdocgx Wrote: I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with OSA about a month ago, and I just received my PR 560 Auto CPAP machine this week. Fortunately, I found this forum, and downloaded the Sleepyhead Software. It is really outstanding. There is so much information.

Is there some kind of reference range that has been published to interpret this sleep data or any similar test results? I really want to know the boundaries for the various categories, especially when I meet with a doctor at the sleep center in several weeks. [/size][/font]

Thanks in advance for any assistance.[font=Times New Roman][size=medium]

Hi xdocgx, welcome to Apnea Board.

When you say "reference range" do you mean what is the "normal" range for the various parameters? The main one is the AHI - apnea hypopnea index, which should be as low as possible, and in any case under 5.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 04:16 PM)eddie willers Wrote: Alhough I am Internet savvy (thus the Chromebook) I am NOT computer savvy.

I went to the Sleepyhead DL page and downloaded:
SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit.exe (self-extracting file) thinking it would just install and I would be ready to read my SD card etc.

Unfortunately, its now just in the computer somewhere and I don't know how to make it start.

I started reading the 54 page thread
"SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion" and my head started to swim.

Anyone know how to talk "idiot" and help me get the program working on the Windows Laptop? (posted via my Chromebook, LOL)

Hi Eddie.

Although it's a self-extracting file, it's not a self-installing file. When you ran the exe file it would have asked for a location to unpack the files (most likely your downloads folder). In that location there should now be a folder named SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit and within that folder there should be files named SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe and SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe.

Double-click on the "brokenGL" file and SleepyHead will run. You can right-click on the file and select "Send to > Desktop (Create Shortcut)" to get a Sleepyhead icon on your windows desktop.

It's a little bit convoluted, but once you get that desktop shortcut established it should run fine. One of our members is working on a fully self-installing version which should be released in the near future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, "Deep Breathing",

When I asked about the reference range, you are correct. I am asking what is normal, much like a lab test for blood analysis. There are certain guidelines which are considered normal, and there are outliers.

I am aware of the AHI, ideally with a score of less than five, and as close to zero as possible. As I learn more, I would like to drill down to more specific categories. For example, what is a normal Periodic Breathing score? What is an optimal number? What is a normal Hypopnea Index? What is optimal? Finally, the same questions about the CSR.

These are my more specific questions/concerns. I am currently using an APAP. I wonder if I need a BiPAP or ASV. I am only five nights into my APAP therapy. When I meet with a sleep doctor in three weeks or so, I would like to be informed about my options.

Thanks again ..
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Respironics guide "11-10-12_ASV_-_Indications_Algorithms_and_Titration.308190318.pdf" to be quite helpful in learning about the various waveforms you will see when using Sleepyhead. You can also Google the various terms you see to get an understanding of the terminology used in sleep studies, Sleepyhead Software, and discussions here. There are numerous glossaries of sleep related terms as well. Delve into the graphs you see in Sleepyhead in 5 to 10 minute segments. Look at the events that are tagged in those segments. See how the waveforms of OA,CA and Hypopneas show up. Your pressure settings are quite low to start. You should get a lot of useful information from Sleepyhead that you can bring to this forum and your Doc. Keep in touch.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 639 10 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 437 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,011 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,208 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,108 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 690 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.