Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reference to a good sleep doctor / clinic in Melbourne, Australia
Reference to a good sleep doctor / clinic in Melbourne, Australia
Hi,

I was recently in Thailand  on a three year assignment where I conducted a Sleep Study and was identified with Sleep Apnea.  Took the report to a doctor who prescribed the Resmed Airsense 10 with autoset. 

I could use it well for the first couple of weeks before I started finding it very comfortable and difficult to breathe. I have tried some of the recommended settings that have been suggested in the forum but nothing is working. 

I am back in Melbourne Australia and wanted to get an opinion from a doctor here. Would anyone have a recommendation to good clinic or doctor?

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Ashish Oliver
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reference to a good sleep doctor / clinic in Melbourne, Australia
Ashish, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a great machine, but if you had a problem with it, the answer to why there was a problem is in the data. That machine has a slot for a SD card that will write data that can be read by the free #Sleepyhead program. If you will pull the card out and read it with Sleepyhead, or buy a card and let the machine write the data it contains, we can help you to troubleshoot the problem. The SD card slot is behind a door/flap on the left side of the machine.

[Image: 319540zW0lL.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Sleeprider,

Thank you for your support. Please find attached the screenshot from SleepyHead from last night. I could not keep it long and had trouble breathing so I had to take it off. 

Regards
Ashish
Post Reply Post Reply
I see 4 minutes of awake breathing with you holding your breath a couple of times. Was your trouble inhaling or exhaling?

It is not at all unusual for adults to problems at that pressure. I'd suggest a minimum pressure of 6 and just try reading a book, playing a game on your phone or watching TV for a while to get used to it. I still have issues with low pressures and I started CPAP in 2003.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred,

Will try this and report back how it went.

- Ashish
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job getting Sleepyhead up and running. I (as usual) agree with Fred that many of us feel a sense of suffocation at the minimum pressure. There is an interesting expiratory snore as you started breathing with the CPAP, and this might be the result of some expiratory effort on your part. Normally exhale is a passive activity when the chest rebounds from inhale. If you're working at it, try relaxing. Higher pressure may help, and you can turn on EPR to make exhale even easier. In the comfort settings, turn on EPR, Full Time, Setting 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snore australia does a no gap sleep study, and worth phoning. You can use private Ins at private hosp. there is probably up to a 6 month wait for a free public hospital, but find out for your local hospital. After your first study, the appointments are set into the future, so effectively no wait time.

The advice you have been given is sound and I have nothing to add.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred,

Thank you for your feedback . Upping the pressure to 6 worked wonders and now I am able to use the machine most of the night. I though have one query. I was using it last night and around 11:44 (I was awake during the period) i had to stop as I could not breath again. I resumed after sometime and everything was alright. 

I am attaching the screen shots of a successful night and the night when I had to stop using it for a duration. 

Also is there a tutorial to better understand what is happening by looking at the sleepyHead data ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashish
Post Reply Post Reply
Tutorial: Beginners Guide   Ok a bit more than a Beginners Guide.

and Optimizing Therapy because I think you want to do more than just learn.

That used to happen to me frequently,  Basically, your palate just got out of position.  I just cycled my PAP and I was usually good to go, sometimes I had to do it a second time..
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. 

I have another problem now. When I checked the machine settings it was configured for a full face mask where as I was using a pillow. So I changed it to a pillow. Since then I am having problems again breathing. Does anyone know why ? Should I leave it at "Full Face" setting ? Please see the attached SleepHead screen shot. 

Thanks in advance, 
Ashish
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,731 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 182 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.