Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Regarding settings on a replacement bipap??
RE: Regarding settings on a replacement bipap??
I don't see how you can get better results, and the machine will adapt if you need it.  We can go the 8/12 manual if you like to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 08:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: I don't see how you can get better results, and the machine will adapt if you need it.  We can go the 8/12 manual if you like to.

Thanks! I will leave those settings to the 5/20 but I did change the Ti Min to 1.0 and also turned the Ramp off. Will post pic from OSCAR tomorrow to see how things go and see if these changes fix those issues.

I have the Slimline Wrap for my hose to prevent any condensations and I never fill my tank over the halfway mark, but you got me thinking about my mask. It seems my mask started with the moisture/sweating this past month or so. I replace the cushion (only) every 3 months but I only replace the Full Face Mask with Headgear (comes together) every six months, that kit is what includes the elbow connector. Which made me think of you saying something about the vent holes. Even though I clean my equipment and supplies exactly how the manuals that come with them tell me to, it seems the material inside the elbow has, what seems like mold or mildew clogging the holes. I've posted a pic of the material I pulled out, keep in mind I just cleaned it again because i was trying to clean inside the vent holes, but when I noticed the dark color under the plastic I knew something wasn't right. I've attached a pic below and I actually have an elbow still in the pack from my old Resmed F20 that I will be using tonight, lets see if I still have the condensation issue.

Thanks so much for all the time you have taken today to help me.  Thanks

Rosie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is Nasty. Melman is our sanitation expert here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I’m mistaken I think ResMed QuietAir elbows are packed with fiber to muffle sound. Guess that can get contaminated or become a place of experimental growth stuff. Vomit
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 03:04 PM)bonjour Wrote: Continue for a few days with OSCAR posting here to double check what is happening, then come back every month or so for a "sanity check" or if you are sensing something doesn't seem right.

I do want to hear how the change in timing feels.  There are other settings we can try if Ti Min doesn't work.  You may need a few night at that setting for things to settle out.

Keep in Vauto mode
#2. just turn the ramp off.  At your settings you don't need it anyway.  That will make your initial EPAP = 5 which is your Rx.  

#3 oops a typo,  should read 15 bpm which is your breathing rate,  Set Ti Min = 1.0

Bonjour,

Here is the latest OSCAR chart for me. It includes a nap I took yesterday and then when I went to bed at midnight last night. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back on track after going the week without my bipap machine after the old one quit on me. When you get a chance can you take a look at this chart and give any feedback that will help. I'm still trying to learn what everything means.

Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2019, 11:00 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Unless I’m mistaken I think ResMed QuietAir elbows are packed with fiber to muffle sound. Guess that can get contaminated or become a place of experimental growth stuff. Vomit

Yea after I searched this forum and saw others who have had the same issues and posted similar pics, it makes me wonder why they would put something (fiber) in their elbow that would not dry properly, after cleaning and ultimately make someone sick?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good, they do not warrant chasing.

How do you feel? Did the timing change work? Anything disturbing (from a therapy point of view)? There are some things that could be lessened bu but At this point, I don't chase those unless I'm trying to eliminate symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 10:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: That is Nasty.  Melman is our sanitation expert here.

Assuming the material was originally white I would say it's mold. Seems a bad move on Resmed's part to put fibrous material in a location that may be exposed to moisture. Regular washing will probably just accelerate the growth. regular soaking with a sanitizer may control it but then there is the challenge of drying it. How long were you using it before the mold appeared? Since the airflow is unidirectional out you may not inhale any significant number of mold spores but I don't like it. I just ordered a new F20 to get the quiet vent but I may not use it now. If I do, I'll inspect it frequently. The nature of the material will not prevent mold growth unless there is an embedded antimicrobial agent, which appears not to be the case.. I have occasionally seen small colonies of mold inside the lid of my reservoir.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity I’ll be taking a look at my QuietAir elbow to see how it looks. FWIW unless the N30i doesn’t work out, my F20 is slated for the shelf along with the elbow. If anything is interesting I can post images.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I don’t see that growth or whatever it is on my mask elbow muffler fiber.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,824 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.