Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Regarding settings on a replacement bipap??
RE: Regarding settings on a replacement bipap??
(08-05-2019, 01:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK I don’t see that growth or whatever it is on my mask elbow muffler fiber.

That's a good thing. 

As I said earlier, I didn't think to check that as i always clean my mask, tubing, elbow, chamber on a regular basis. I always shake out the elbow and let it air dry after cleaning, per instructions. I wouldn't have thought anything about it until I saw this post on the forums and how people talked about and posted pictures of their fiber. But that explains why my wasn't venting and having a lot of condensation building up inside. I removed that fiber the other night and cleaned the elbow with vinegar and water, used the elbow that night and no more condensation build up. 

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...bow+cotton
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting that photo Rosie, That is the first time for the F30 mask and is new knowledge that we can advise forum users on.  Again thank you very much.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 11:01 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your numbers are good, they do not warrant chasing.

How do you feel?  Did the timing change work?  Anything disturbing (from a therapy point of view)?  There are some things that could be lessened bu but At this point, I don't chase those unless I'm trying to eliminate symptoms.

Hey Fred!

I did try it with the ramp off and it felt like it was a little to much to handle right at the beginning, so I changed it to 5 minutes ramp and it seemed to work well. I'm feeling much better today and was actually able to get a lot of yard work done today. After going a week without a bipap (thanks to the insurance and my DME provider), it's really nice being able to sleep through the night. In the meantime, I need to find another DME provider that can take the place of my old one. I need one that is covered on my PPO and can auto ship out my supplies like my other provider but who are not trying to take advantage of their customers. It hurt to pay $1467 (after 15% discount) out of pocket but this machine is mine, not paid for by insurance so it's worth it to me. 

Thanks again for all your help!!

Rosie
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 10:51 AM)RosieB08 Wrote: Bonjour,

Here is the latest OSCAR chart for me. It includes a nap I took yesterday and then when I went to bed at midnight last night. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back on track after going the week without my bipap machine after the old one quit on me. When you get a chance can you take a look at this chart and give any feedback that will help. I'm still trying to learn what everything means.

Thanks!!

Hey guys!!

I know it's been a few years since you guys helped me with the settings on my machine, since then, besides dealing with the pandemic, I've been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and have had a couple of stays in the hospital in the past year. 

I wanted to post my recent Oscar readings and see if you can look them over and give me any suggestions. Here lately I've been waking up feeling like I'm gasping for breath and terrified that my machine is not giving me the support I need. I know last night shows a lot of leaks, but this is a replacement machine and new mask, it usually takes a night or two to get my straps set right to prevent the leaks.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,824 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.