Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto
RE: Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto
The regular or 'standard' diameter for a hose used with CPAP therapy is 19 mm ID. A "Thin" or "SlimLine" hose's ID is 15 mm in diameter. Both hoses have the 22 mm connectors. This is one of the very few standards in the CPAP world.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand it, there are two categories of tubing pertaining to ResMed. Not sure about other brands of PAP machines.

One category is heated tubing. Warm tubing is to keep moisture from condensing inside the tube. This the "Climateline" tubing from Resmed. If a person needs supplementary oxygen, there is "Climateline Air" tubing which incorporates a fitting onto which you attach the oxygen supply tubing so as to "bleed" the oxygen into the CPAP tube.

The other category is unheated tubing, which includes two items -- "standard/regular" size tubing that is 19 CM inside diameter and "slimline" which is 15 CM inside diameter. Both have 22 CM connections at ends so there are standard size fittings to attach to machine and mask. As you would expect, slimline is lighter and some feel easier to use. There is a post earlier in this thread where the writer thinks that slimline is more likely to produce dry mouth, an interesting idea which I would like to experiment with.
Post Reply Post Reply
To achieve the same volume of air, as diameter is reduced, velocity has to increase.

This is just subjective on my part, but I find the larger diameter hose to be quieter than the slimline without any noticeable increase in weight.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a Resmed Airsense 10, if I have my humidity on with water in tank but no heat on at all, is there any reason to use the heavier Climateline hose?  I do have other hoses my DME sends me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 07:53 PM)plakky Wrote: With a Resmed Airsense 10, if I have my humidity on with water in tank but no heat on at all, is there any reason to use the heavier Climateline hose?  I do have other hoses my DME sends me.

That's what I do as well. Humidity on auto, but heat to the tube turned off. My machine came with the Climateline hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you guys using a hose hanger?

and is the notion behind using a slimmer, less heavy hose that it's less likely to cause leaks in your mask by pulling it out of place?

Interesting, I hadn't thought about that...

I hate rain out and so use a climateline all the time. I might change if a lighter hose is less likely to cause mask leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, to a hose hanger.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy, spelling noted. (I wrote "hose hangar". Like, where hoses are stored before rolling out onto the runway....I had a dream like that once...).
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you turn off heat to the tube?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 85 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 316 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 434 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 262 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,346 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 635 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.