Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reinstall the filters
Reinstall the filters
Sorry, for the simple question.
How ı do reinstall the ultra fine filter and grey foam filter?
Where is the hard plastic side of the white filter? İn to the machine or foam filter?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reinstall the filters
I was always told to place the white fine filter in first with the soft side of the white filter against the black foam filter.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what machine?

Please add your machine's make and specific model to your profile. I assume it is a Respironics machine, but just saying "asv" is like describing your car as a "sedan" when you go to the parts store to buy an oil filter. Or maybe a Chevy sedan - a little better but not much...

In a generic sens though, when installing the filters, the hypo allergenic (usually white) filter goes in first, and the darker reusable foam filter goes in second, on top of the white one. that way the coarse foam filter grabs the big chunks before it gets to the white filter so it doesn't clog up.

As to which way to install the fine white filter, I only use factory original filters and for my machine the filters are printed with "Respironics" which would face outward, not towards the inlet. Generally, I would put the more open texture side of the filters to the outside, absent other indication.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips respironics asv advanced
Post Reply Post Reply
Easy to remember: Soft side against soft side.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 389 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 2 606 11-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cLoo
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,417 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 807 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 504 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 522 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] airsense 11 filters..again solveforz 7 1,487 11-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.