Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reinstalling OSCAR
Reinstalling OSCAR
Hi,
I have to rebuilt my PC. How can I migrate the OSCAR data stored on the previous installation?  
Thanks,
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reinstalling OSCAR
If you are referring to a transfer method, then the easiest way without having to configure networking is to use a USB memory device. I don't know the size of your OSCAR_Data folder, so I'm guessing that you should use a device size if 32 GB or larger.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for your information : The size of mine (something like 3 years old) is 2.5GB. (on a Linux it's ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data if you haven't renamed it).
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I have now two folders. One in the new drive and the other on the older drive. How can I combine the data of the two?

Thanks,

Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy the folder from the old PC to the USB storage device, then copy the USB device's folder to the new computer.  Since you have an existing folder of the same name on the destination computer, you will receive a prompt asking if you wish to use that folder. Select, "Yes". If there are existing files that already exist on the destination folder, you will be prompted to either Ignore (Don't Copy), Overwrite (Copy and Replace), or Copy, but keep both files.   The last option will rename the copied file to a filename with a number value ("filename(2).extension").  If you know that the files on the destination (i.e: new computer) are the most recent (newest), choose the Ignore/Don't Copy option.  This will just copy only the files that don't exist on the destination folder. There is a checkbox option that will allow all further files that have conflicts to use this decision and will stop prompting for all remaining files. Using the Ignore/Don't Copy option is the safest method, since it will not change any existing file. You can always go back and overwrite any file if you desire.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot. It solved the problem. Note that in Windows 10, the dialog boxes are different.
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course, they are! The Windows 10 coders have to mess with something...
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead Otil 1 1,013 09-22-2018, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AlanE
Angry Missing Data when reinstalling Sleepyhead nadprok 10 2,221 03-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  Uninstalled sleepyhead and now problems reinstalling sleepytimegal 11 2,063 01-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.