Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reloaded SH on PC--somethings wrong!
Reloaded SH on PC--somethings wrong!
Our computer shop tech took off added programs like SH when my computer needed some work. I have SH on my laptop and use that every day, so hadn't put it back on my PC until yesterday as my husband has my laptop at an out-of-town meeting. SH is loaded and I did access it yesterday successfully, but today I put the SD card in, start SH and it recognizes the card, but I get a screen with the heading "File Directory" and a listing of many files. I don't know what to choose! Where did I go wrong in the installation and how do I fix it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reloaded SH on PC--somethings wrong!
Just pick the drive letter of your SD card and hit OK. No need to select any directory under that. So for example my SD card is drive G: on my computer. I just select drive G: and hit OK. SH will read the sub folders.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any place on the screen that give me the option of picking out my drive, AlanE. I get a warning in the lower right corner saying not to select the folders. The only thing left is SleepyHead GL and SleepHead Broken GL. A one time I had the Broken version installed when the regular one wouldn't install I went through and deleted all things I could find that said Sleephead before I did this re-install.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be misunderstanding you. When you put in your SD card, the file explorer opens and shows your files on the SD card? If so, you can just close that out. That is a windows thing not related to SH.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan, I gave up and decided I really didn't need SH on my PC after all and removed it. Thanks for trying to help! My laptop resides in the next room to the CPAP machine so is much easier to use--and remember to get the SD card back to it's home base
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 12:54 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: Alan, I gave up and decided I really didn't need SH on my PC after all and removed it.  Thanks for trying to help!  My laptop resides in the next room to the CPAP machine so is much easier to use--and remember to get the SD card back to it's home base

I tried again tonight to load SH and it went in quickly and correctly.  Must have clicked on something wrong previously.  I appreciate those that took the time to reply to my first call for help!   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It helps to sometimes walk away from the computer and come back later to try again. I should be skinny with the number of times I have walked away and came back but alas... it's not to be.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2017, 08:13 AM)AlanE Wrote: It helps to sometimes walk away from the computer and come back later to try again. I should be skinny with the number of times I have walked away and came back but alas... it's not to be.

That is so true, I tried to load the Windows version of SH yesterday, it was really flaky, better today....letting the air get to it does work...

Sleep-well

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on this problem. I thought earlier it was fixed but it wasn't. Just walked away from it until now. A few days ago SH wouldn't load properly in my laptop which has always worked since day 1. When I went to take the SD out, using the icon in my lower right tray, the SD card drive wasn't showing. I looked at the SD card, still in the slot on the laptop, and it wasn't fully pushed in. I reloaded it, making certain it was all the way in, and all was OK. I had noticed some time ago a small little piece of black plastic was loose around one of the copper contacts --pushed it back with a pin and all worked fine. Saw my DME yesterday and showed it to him--he gave me a new card--no charge. Put that in my PC this a.m. after using it it in my machine last night and all was well. The card slot on my PC seems to be tighter than on the laptop and that little loose piece apparently was keeping it from going all the way in. I appreciate the suggestions that were recommended--this forum is great!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reloaded SH on PC--somethings wrong--NOTHING HAS WORKED!!
I was wrong when I said things were working in last post--they weren't.  Came back to try again on my PC when my new-to-me laptop installation also failed (see post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid194499).  I have followed Allen's instructions--but something is wrong.   I get the Choose folder screen and on the left side of that I show a My Computer choice or Admin choice as well a the long list of folders and components listed.  If I click on My Computer I get the drives--I put in the SD drive letter.  When that starts running I get  a screen titled SleepHead.exe saying "A problem has caused a program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I have completely uninstalled the SH program and the problem persists.  The computer doesn't recognize the SD card.  It did recognize this same card at one time.  I'm like a fish out of water with no SH data for two days!  When SH was initially installed on this computer the Broken GL link was used.  I don't see that option listed anymore.  Is that a possible fix?  The program was uninstalled when Windows 10 had to be removed and re-installed a few months ago.  I really need an answer!   Dont-know

Linda
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 496 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 452 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  ResMed AirCurve10 ASV Has Wrong Date jimchi 4 745 06-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
Question JUST NOTICED ALL MY TIMES ARE WRONG? Plmnb 18 1,050 04-01-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Loaded wrong SD Card in CPAP Machine SideSleeper 6 755 03-31-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar sessions seem wrong DanEm 73 4,541 03-23-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: DanEm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.