Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reluctance to sell a ASV machine
RE: Reluctance to sell a ASV machine
My opinion is also some docs don't like the extra work involved in helping patients fight the insurance to get the proper tools needed. That's why self advocacy is so important.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a dreamstation and my sleep study doc decided that I needed a resmed aircurve 10 vauto They set it up in S mode at 6 and 10 with 4. I slept last night pretty well surprisingly but ended with a 5.5 total AHI. This machine felt more comfortable but it was strange to me. The numbers on the dreamstation were in the low 2s  With the settings given how do i correlate the dreamstation settings into the resmed Vauto mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what your earlier settings were, but Resmed has a translation guide.

https://onlinestore.resmed.com/images/pr...017278.pdf

Based on what the doc did, I would switch to vauto mode, min EPAP of 6, PS 4, max IPAP of 25, and see what the results look like (as in, post them).
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Latest view from the RESMED any help would be welcomed!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
So definitely switch to VAuto mode, and maybe modify my suggested min EPAP to 8 or 10.

You need to get those obstructive apneas under control, and that should help.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good chart. Your events are entirely obstructive, which makes the fix pretty easy. The OA events are heavily clustered, which suggests a positional or chin-tucking component. If you read the soft cervical collar wiki in my signature links, you can see how others have resolved the problem of clustered apnea very effectively using an aid that prevents the chin from tucking toward the chest. The snoring and apnea all point to a need for higher EPAP pressure, so I agree with the advise to change to Vauto Mode with a minimum pressure of 6 and maximum pressure of 20 with PS at 4.0 and we can see where the events resolve. Note higher pressure may not resolve positional apnea but the automatic pressure will let us see.

There is some additional fine-tuning we can do once we see how your do on Vauto mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
latest one from my dreamstation that I had cant find my sd card so not the latest

Post Reply Post Reply
Your median pressure is nearly 12/8 cm and the 95% is 15/11 cm. That is the heart of the range you should be targeting with the new machine. So a minimum EPAP pressure of 7.0, maximum pressure of 17 and PS 4 makes a lot more sense than fixed pressure at 10/6.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you i will try that tonight and post again tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
My latest report any ideas on why Im still tired around 2:00pm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,128 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to sell a used CPAP machine Sleep Tide 11 3,049 11-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Sleep Tide
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question How can I sell brand new DreamStation 2? dk2011 4 3,898 02-06-2022, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  How to sell used CPAP machine SamStamport 5 3,362 06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.