Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RemStar Choice Advantage info needed
RemStar Choice Advantage info needed
I have just obtained my late father's RemStar Choice Advantage cpap machine, lightly used. I am trying to locate a manual or at least some information about the location of the sd card, if there is one, or how to connect the machine to some type of software to demonstrate compliance. I have located the pressure and ramp controls. Any help is appreciated. I hate to waste a perfectly good machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RemStar Choice Advantage info needed
See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked through the list of available manuals and I can't find a Remstar Choice Advantage listed. Is their a model number plate on the bottom or back with more information? Possibly even a date of manufacture?
The setup information in the link above may give you some ideas about how to access the clinicians' setup menus, if you haven't already sorted that out.
As a last resort, you could post some pictures of it to imgur.com and post a 'broken link' to them, which might help us to identify your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks fo helping.
M367500E is the model #
Looks just like this:

[img]webkit-fake-url://4bc839ca-0015-43ca-8c44-2f47761e6552/imagejpeg[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
A little bit of sleuting found the manual. The settings adjustment are described in Section 3.2-4 page 3-6. http://www.apneaboard.com/file_links121/...Choice.pdf

This thing belongs in a museum, not on a patient's bedside table. It is about 20 years old and was one of the earliest commercial CPAPs made. If you'd like to treat sleep apnea, we can help...this machine, not so much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm afraid that image url ti too broken to see the picture...

But a Google search on the model number reveals that we have a service manual that includes various models of Choice machine. I will link to the thread; it's not long: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Pressure
Be aware, that manual is about twenty years old, it pre-dates SD cards. There have been lots of other changes, too. I'm afraid there is no way to demonstrate compliance.It does have a motor timer, but that's all, as far as I can tell.
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Popala,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do you have your own machine that is newer? I think you would be much better served by the newer technology.
I wish you good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies! In retrospect I think the DME people swapped him this old machine for his modern one that he was being non-compliant with. I was hoping to use it as a backup machine to my current daily cpap. It will be better than nothing. I did have a machine fail several years ago and was miserable for several days until it was replaced.
Thanks again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2017, 07:51 AM)Popala Wrote: Thanks for the replies! In retrospect I think the DME people swapped him this old machine for his modern one that he was being non-compliant with. I was hoping to use it as a backup machine to my current daily cpap. It will be better than nothing. I did have a machine fail several years ago and was miserable for several days until it was replaced.
Thanks again.

Keep in mind you can buy the newest Dreamstation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 on Amazon for about $340 with heated humidifier and heated tubing complete.  That would make an ideal primary machine, and let you retire yours to backup status. There really is not a good reason to keep this antique.   It takes a lot of gall for any DME to consider this a swap for anything.

Hope you find a reason to stick around.  Welcome.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A museum piece? Maybe the forum moderators have ideas for a CPAP museum in the future. Perhaps keep as a conversation piece.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 144 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 176 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 178 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,663 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 186 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.