Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P) - What's the APAP trial all about?
Question 
RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P) - What's the APAP trial all about?
Someone posted this on another forum, but they've as of yet failed to receive an answer. So I thought I'd open it up to all you CPAP Gurus here. Cause I am very interested to know this also, as my DME really tried to get me to take one of these machines quoting this same "amazing temporary auto feature", and I asked her this same question. But she hemmed & hawed and went onto somethiing else....Rolleyes

Quote:Does anyone know if when you reset (clear) the data of the RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P) it also give you additional opportunities to use the APAP feature beyond 5? I loved my machine until it rolled over to the CPAP feature only.

I've noticed that lots of people like fixed pressure however for me I only need high pressure (based on SleepyHead) a few times a night. Starting out with it and keeping it all night has been very disruptive.

I prefer the APAP feature but like the machine. Can I have unlimited 30 day trials by using Reset Data or did I buy the wrong machine? Thank you!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P) - What's the APAP trial all about?
It's to permit auto titration for 30 days before setting a fixed pressure based on the data.
It is used instead of an in-lab titration in some places where socialized medicine makes in-lab titration too costly.

It's not intended to be reset every 30 days.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mango, yes that is understood. But is it possible to reset it every 30 dyas?

(06-24-2015, 08:54 AM)justMongo Wrote: It's to permit auto titration for 30 days before setting a fixed pressure based on the data.
It is used instead of an in-lab titration in some places where socialized medicine makes in-lab titration too costly.

It's not intended to be reset every 30 days.

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2015, 08:57 AM)Ailu Wrote: Thanks Mongo, yes that is understood. But is it possible to reset it every 30 days?

I'm not sure -- but, I would think so.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you say you bought this machine?

This machine will let you trial for 30 days, then it resets back to straight CPAP with whatever pressure it determined was your average or 90%. Not sure what it chooses.

This is not an Auto CPAP. Not sure if you can keep hitting reset every 30 days. Dont' think it is meant to be used that way. The model you should have bought is the PR 560 series with AFLEX.

It sounds like they are trying to pawn off this machine on you making you think it is an Auto machine.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You got hosed.
I know nothing about this machine but your description of behavior says it all. Why be evasive if there is nothing to evade?
Is this the machine your doc wrote on your Rx? If not take it back and DEMAND they fill it as written. If not get the doc to write exactly what you need and mark it DAW.

Did you look online for this machine? I think I saw then offered for around $500 .
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ailu -

Quit letting the DME drive this process. They need to get you the machine you have the script for (IIRC your script was for a PR 560 Auto). And they need to get it within a reasonable timeframe (I would say less than a week.)

Just tell the DME supplier that you are not going to negotiate. Tell them if they want to negotiate, they can do it with the State Medical/Pharmacy/Medical Equipment Board because you will be making formal complaint with those regulators if they continue to try this bait and switch tactic and fail to provide the right equipment. Pronto. There is no excuse for them to keep it up. End of story. Just stop em.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
AFAIK, it lets you reset to 30 days of auto only a specific no of times (definitely less than 10 such periods so a theoretical maximum of 10 months).

Since you need a machine for the service life and insurance payment cycle eligibility of 5 years (60 months) it doesn't make sense to buy the machine with this 'amazing auto feature'.

I would insist and demand a full auto machine. And will also demand the machine with heated hose. That model no in U.S. is 560TS.

On a separate note, did you check if this is a brand new machine or a USED machine. You need to check blower hours to find out. If the blower hours are positive, it may have already cycled thru some of those 30 day trials.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me assure you we aren't picking on you!
When you are sleep deprived you don't have the strength to fight a prolonged battle and don't think they don't know that. It's almost a war of attrition. They obviously are not concerned with your well being so you must be your own advocate.
I have no doubt FedX can get you a machine next day to about anywhere USA.
This crapria is exactly why I chose to by my own machine outright.
I knew I was really messed up and needed help NOW and I knew I didn't have it in me to fight a prolonged battle.
If you must go ins route get your doc to write exact model and write it DAW and take that machine back. Point to the DAW and tell them as already said next stop was attorney general's office.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoa, hold the phone guys! No way am I buying a 460! I ordered the 560 and that's all I'll accept. Smile

As I mentioned in the original post, I posted this for someone else who posted on another forum. The unfortunate bloke is stuck with a 460 and wants to know if they can keep resetting the APAP trial indefinitely.

Sure appreciate how much you folks care, tho! Grouphug3
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,223 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 144 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 914 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 644 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 134 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.