Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remed mask with respironic?
Remed mask with respironic?
I use just given a resmed mirage fx nasal mask and a respironics 260p c-flex+. I notice that the tiny vent holes are extremely restrictive on the resmed mask compared to a respironic mask. I take it this is so you don't inhale to much co2? Any reason why I couldn't use this mask for my respironics cpap? According to resmed.com, it says you probably could use it...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remed mask with respironic?
As far as I know, all masks are will fit any CPAP machine. That seems to be one standard that all manufacturers have adopted.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 7Bud,
Masks are usually interchangable between the different machine brandss.
Hang in there for morre responses to your posts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, you can use any mask with any machine. For ResMed, you just tell it what type (nasal, pillows, or full face). I can't remember how you tell PR what mask you are using. They need to know in order to figure out the leak rate and all that. Check the manual of the machine and it should tell you how to do the mask setting.

You can get the clinician manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Scroll down to Section 3 for instructions on how to request it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Leak rate? makes sense, but I can't find no mention of leak rate in any manual, nor clinician manual, nor any mask instruction manual.
I do notice the that the leak rate between both brands of mask are night and day in difference.
I did not see any mask settings in both my cpap machines, the pr se220 and 260p.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand your Remstar has a numeric value assigned to a leak rate range(1-4. . , I think)in the setup menu. Since I'm not a P-R man I've just exhausted my knowledge on this subject. I do remember that I saw a reference to this setting in a thread about switching between a FFM and nasal pillows. As of this post, "No-Joy" on finding that thread.

I'll keep looking.

Edit: I found this. I hope it may help.

"SYSTEM ONE resistance - This setting allows you to adjust the level of air pressure relief based on the
specific Respironics mask. Each Respironics mask may have a “System One” resistance control setting. Contact
your home care provider if you cannot find this resistance setting for your mask. If your provider has locked the
resistance setting into place, you can view the setting but cannot change it, and the screen will display a lock symbol.
If your provider has disabled resistance, you will not see this setting."
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
I found that resistance setting. and I managed to find the value for respironics mask.
But for the resmed nasal mask it says Resistance, Drop in pressure measured (nominal)
at 50 L/min 0.2 cm h20
at 100 L/min 1.0 cm h20

I have no idea how do I use that info???
Post Reply Post Reply
It is no problem to have masks from other manufacturers. When I grew up on a Resmed S-8, I used a Respironics Comfort Classic mask. You can see from the info at the elft that I'm using a Resmed mask (same one you are asking about) with a Respironics System One. It, at the end of the day (how ilterally true), boils down to which mask is the most comfortable and effective to you.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 09:03 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: It is no problem to have masks from other manufacturers. When I grew up on a Resmed S-8, I used a Respironics Comfort Classic mask. You can see from the info at the elft that I'm using a Resmed mask (same one you are asking about) with a Respironics System One. It, at the end of the day (how ilterally true), boils down to which mask is the most comfortable and effective to you.

OMMOHY
thank you, thank you, everybody for helping!!!

What do you think I should do about "system one resistance" setting?
Right now I have it on X2 for the a respironics mask. there is an option of turning it off or adjusting it. my machine isn't an autoset. I would like to try out this resmed mirage fx mask, so I don't know what I should with this setting and this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You do not need to do anything with the PR System One resistance setting. I use a Resmed Airfit P10 mask with the PRS1 BiPAP and APAP machines. I have changed resistance settings, and not noticed any real difference. You could probably set it according to a nuance nasal mask, which varies by size, but I'd just leave it off(X*0). What size nasal pillows do you use? I used your model mask before switching to the Airfit P10 in December. Amazingly quiet and comfortable, and no disruptive jet of air.

Your model 260 CPAP does not give you any useful data, and the results of any minor changes to the resistance setting could not be observed in your sleep efficacy. I would recommend getting an upgraded machine 460 or 560 at any time that you qualify for it under insurance, or find one available on Craigslist.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 579 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Respironic REMSTAR plus 1005960 mfg start before 2005 O2neutron 0 950 11-29-2021, 06:04 PM
Last Post: O2neutron

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.