Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remedy for mouth dropping open?
RE: Remedy for mouth dropping open?
If you're worried about getting used to something I'd try the chinstrap before a FFM.

After being married 25+ years I've learned to keep my mouth shut on command, no chinstrap called for YMMV. If I had it to do over I might have just considered the chinstrap but don't tell my wife Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 11:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Salty, you may want to look into the PAPcap. It can be fitted to pull the jaw up vs back.

There are a few others that also do that. Look for ones that have less of a chin cup.

I may do that. I already look like a creature from the Black Lagoon, at night. Hope it's not hot. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Total face mask here. Helps with the pressure side effects since I
run 16-20cm.
I end up looking like Buck Rogers ready to explore a distant planet!

Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, everybody doesn't knows about Buck Rogers.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a chinstrap last week, and it doesn't work for me. I don't have much of a chin (as my dentist said), so that little cup doesn't work as it should.

I'm going to try an ace bandage. But how do those of you using this method affix the ends? Surely you don't use those little metal "claws," do you??

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 12:35 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: I got a chinstrap last week, and it doesn't work for me. I don't have much of a chin (as my dentist said), so that little cup doesn't work as it should.

I'm going to try an ace bandage. But how do those of you using this method affix the ends? Surely you don't use those little metal "claws," do you??

Lamb

If you try an ace bandage you should try the new ones that stick to themselves by whatever magic they have, they work so well.

Don't not everyone know about Buck Rogers? That's horrible.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 12:07 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The Respironics Premium chin strap will pull your jaw straight up not back. Adjusted right it sits more forward on your head and the rear strap keeps it in place very well. It is a wide strap but its comfortable. I can usually get by with a thinner chin strap now but when I first went to nasal the Premium Strap was a Godsend. You put that sucker on and adjust it and your jaw aint comin open.

I dont have but two teeth upper and lower that actually meet each other an basically no front teeth. If the thing can stop my mouth leaks it should stop anyones.

The people I get my gear from never told me about this strap. But they don't seem to have their act together anyway. Thanks for mentioning it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 3 8 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 800 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.