Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remember2Breathe's First night new machine
RE: [split] Remember2Breathe First night new machine
Use the daily details chart and click on the events tab. At the bottom is a slider that lets you choose the zoom level, in minures and you can scroll horizontally to select the screenshot area. Once sized, click on Details and then use the View/Screenshot option to grab the image.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still need a chinstrap, do you mind a sleep cap based strap? Look at Knightsbridge Dual Band Supplier #37 and see what you think. It's like most everything that's apnea equipment, either it's for you or not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, Here are some 3 minute time frame views.  I didn't know if you prefer just to see the Flow Rate or if you want to see it in context.  So I'll post twice so I can include 6 attachments, hoping it's not overkill[Image: rolleyes.gif]

So, focusing on CAs, here are 2 different ones in context 
(Daily View of 6:56 and 9:05), 
followed by a screenshot of 3 different CAs (6:56, 7:40, and 8:44)

Remember2Breathe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have really major inspiratory flow limitations that usually arise form upper airway or nasal restrictions. have you ever had an evaluation by an otolaryngologist (ENT)? Mainly just want to know if you are aware of the source. Your therapy is fine, and you're feeling better. More pressure support from a bilevel may be the ultimate answer, but I'm concerned about triggering the CA events we started with. A more conservative way to go is to simply raise pressure to 9.0 and see if we can start making a dent on the flow limits, assuming you want to try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And here are 3 more screenshots:

Large Leak 3 min Daily View

RERA and Hypopnea in same 3 min Daily View

3 different zooms of CA at 9:05

Let me know about what you think about settings - keep like last night or drop EPR to 2?  and if I should try that funky chinstrap tonight?

I've been washing my nasal pillows daily; but they seem to take a long time to air dry.  If they are not totally dry at bedtime, should I dry with hairdryer or just leave with a drop of water in them?

Thx,

Remember2Breathe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm game.  I put this off for a long time, and now I want to get to the bottom of it and solve it properly.  So, if you think raising the pressure to 9 is a worthy experiment, I'm willing to try.  

9 for both min and max?  or 

8 for min and 9 for max, or 9 for min and 10 for max or.....?

Yes, I've seen cardiologist (1st sleep study), pulmonologist (2nd sleep study) and ENT (to see if he thought I should do MAD or Auto CPAP).  The ENT voted for CPAP and I agreed, so here I am.  He said I have a slightly deviated septum (think left nostril) but not severe enough to operate on.

I would tend to think that the cause of my Inspiratory flow limitations might be apparent from one of my Pulmonary Function Tests.  I have moderate Obstructive airway disease., i.e. emphesema , and air trapping.  Should I upload my last PFT?  

Just talking to my niece on the phone and she says that my brother had a bipap and he had severe emphesema.

Thx,
Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall, we saw a lot of events before when pressure was set to a range, so I'm planning to keep pressure fixed for now. It may be interesting to see if you tolerate auto pressure at some point, but this is working pretty good, and with your flow limitations, whatever we set for the maximum pressure will become your fixed pressure anyway. We don't need to see the PFT. All we are talking about is that you have upper airway resistance that makes inspiration slower with a lower peak flow-rate. That is why your inspiration time is equal or higher than expiration time and the inspiratory peaks are low, flat and long. Your respiratory volume is fine. Bilevel therapy can help in the same way we are now using EPR, by increasing pressure during inspiration, part of the work is off-loaded to the machine. The difference is bilevel can do more of the work. We will try gradually increasing pressure and comparing flow limitation and inspiration time as we go. Pretty simple stuff. The goal will be to find the most comfortable pressure for you, so that is what you need to keep track of.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,

Yeah, Knightsbridge was my first choice but of course DME didn't have.  And he didn't have my second choice either (ruby style, or sunset).

We women have a lot to deal with.  Knightsbridge looks like it would really encourage bad hair days; but otherwise it seems to make the most sense.  And ultimately proper jaw alignment is more important than lovely hair. Also my nightly routine with serums and deep moisturizers has been severely impacted, as I don't imagine that the silicone and gel parts would like facial products.

I wonder which is better soft cervical collar or Knightsbridge with nasal pillows or cushion mask.  Or just full face mask (which I dread).  When my PT looked at a photo of the model wearing the Releaf soft cervical collar, she didn't think it would help that much with keeping one's mouth closed.  Or does it help more with keeping airway properly aligned.  Dunno - maybe we just have to try everything to see what works. 

Thanks for recommendation.

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remember2Breathe's First night new machine
Ok, Sleeprider, so I'll keep both max and min pressure at 9 tonight.  And I guess I'll hold the EPR at 3 (unless you tell me to back it off to 2).

I am understanding some of this more; but a lot of it is still a mystery to me.

You say, pretty simple stuff.  Whatever, your skills are amazing to me and greatly appreciated.

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remember2Breathe's First night new machine
Gotcha, I've lots of hair but it's short, the wash and run thing, in part as that's how I've kept it since driving trucks.

Maybe Knightsbridge needs a For Her model. Built in hair dryer or curling iron. OK you can have that. I'm getting a PAP with built in coffee maker. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 447 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,792 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.