Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remember2Breathe's First night new machine
RE: Remember2Breathe's First night new machine
Even so, don't let the DME off the hook exactly. Eventually they'll do some blockheaded thing to make up for this one. I think it's in their customer service manual, do x number of blockhead moves or sayings per week. Somewhere about page 10 chapter 2 and line 3.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"So, the collar helps with alignment and chin-dropping and does that in turn help with mouth-breathing?"

it seems most try a collar for chin-tucking clusters of oa. that's a secondary benefit for me; the primary reason I use a collar is to reduce lip leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't take much pressure on the jaw or chin to keep the mouth in a position that prevents leaks. I don't often have problems, but when I do, I just pull a corner of the down pillow between my shoulder and jaw, and problem solved. TMI but when I hear leaks coming from her mouth, a slight arousal usually solves it. I send in the dog, just in case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm.......sure feels like a crack to me; but I just held it up to the light and guess it is a seam from the mold.  Doesn't make sense to me from a design standard, but whatever.

Yeah, lip leaks, that's my issue.  So I guess I'll order a collar.  

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
"It's getting better all the time (can't get no worse)......better, better, better.........."

Remember2Breathe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It is getting better. Flow limit is still high, but has dropped with the higher pressure. That is a move in the right direction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'm trying to figure out just what Flow Limit means.  

Reading an NCBI article which is pretty dense:  fragmented sleep, upper airway flow limitation, UARS, EDS, long-term cardiovascular complications and significant costs to society.  OMG, Think I better read this again when I have more time.

So how do we titrate to eliminate flow limitation?

Tempted to try 8 again (since I think that was more comfortable than 8.2) and EPR 2 perhaps (instead of3).

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
Read our wiki on Flow Limitations http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...limitation

I should post your Oscar chart in that wiki. Flow limitation is the failure to reach a natural peak flow rate during inspiration as indicated by a flattening of the inspiratory flow rate. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29825]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the Wiki link!  Trying to absorb it.  I probably have both obstructive and positional flow limitation.

I don't know if my cervical spine issues could be affecting all this too.

You are welcome to post my Oscar chart there if you like.

I ordered a new down pillow over a week ago but may take a few more weeks to get.  My current down pillows are old and flat.  Think I'll order a cervical collar tomorrow.

Remember 2 Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to a set pressure of 8 and kept the EPR at 3.  
My AHI was the best I've seen (2.22); but the other issues seem unchanged.

I slept almost 6-1/2 hours straight without needing to get up to pee - hasn't happened for years. 
I went back to sleep for over an hour; but turned the machine off (wanted to see results from one session only and to give relief to sore I got under nostril).  The night's sleep was comfortable, especially after the first 1/2 hour.

I'm a little of a loss of where to go from here to make overall results better (Flow limitation, and Leak issues).

I will order cervical collar today.  I want to understand how to interpret the graphs on Oscar better, so I imagine I may find that by doing more research in the Wikis and Oscar help.

Was going to post today's results; but see I have reached a global attachment max.  If I want to add attachments in the future, may I delete some of my previous attachments?

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,324 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 578 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 922 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 474 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,864 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,342 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.