Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Removing mask during the night
Removing mask during the night
Recently, after 20+ years on CPAP, I find that I have been removing my mask at night without knowing it and wake up an hour or so later. The chin strap and Swift FX V mask fits seem okay to me. Is there some alarm that tells when you remove the mask? Other suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Removing mask during the night
There are many discussion threads here about it, and I think one reason for the large number is that everyone assumes "It can't happen to me" for a long time and ignores those discussions ... and then it happens.  It happened to me not long ago, and of course I was so surprised that I posted about it just to say "Well, I'll be hornswoggled."

For some interesting reading, try a search for "removing mask" in page/thread titles here on AB, for starters. Another phrase in titles is "mask off".  A few of the alarm contraptions are entertainingly clever, both low-tech and high-tech.  For instance,

(09-20-2018, 07:10 PM)sleepymind Wrote: I bought these cheap 10$ wifi smart plugs from Amazon which has built-in energy usage monitoring. I build a kind of geeky solution for myself which notifies my computer if the energy usage on socket drops down a certain limit which I tested is required when the machine is running, and it plays loud sounds on my speaker and wakes me up to wear the mask again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 240 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 319 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  Can't keep mask on all night emash124 4 575 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 625 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.