Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar Auto A-flex intermittently cutting off
RE: Remstar Auto A-flex intermittently cutting off
(03-16-2015, 07:23 PM)archangle Wrote: You only need to turn off the Auto Off function. Respironics is smarter than ResMed on this, and you can have auto on and still turn off the Auto Off function.

However, this doesn't sound like an auto off problem.

The power connector on the PRS1 machines is sometimes a problem. Try wiggling the plug and seeing if the problem happens.

Sometimes, different APAP machines give you different pressure results. If necessary, you can change the pressure range.

Download the SleepyHead software and use it with your PRS1 machine. It will tell you what pressure your APAP has been using and you can set your BMC CPAP machine to that level.

I did keep the auto on feature and turned OFF the auto off feature, so we will see how it goes tonight

You all have been SO supportive and I really do appreciate it!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the night is over. The machine cut off twice during the night, but hubby slept ok. Of to the repair shop it goes. I'll double ck the pressures on the RESmart Auto so he is at 16 & 19 tonite (auto).
Thanks again.

Oh, and how do I download the Sleepyhead software? with a usb cord hooked up to my computer?
I think I definitely need that to make sure the new machine is working correctly. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2015, 06:12 AM)babydoss Wrote: Well, the night is over. The machine cut off twice during the night, but hubby slept ok. Of to the repair shop it goes. I'll double ck the pressures on the RESmart Auto so he is at 16 & 19 tonite (auto).
Thanks again.

Oh, and how do I download the Sleepyhead software? with a usb cord hooked up to my computer?
I think I definitely need that to make sure the new machine is working correctly. Thanks.

SleepyHead runs on your PC. You take the SD card out of the PRS1 machine and put it in your computer. Copy the entire SD card to your computer before you send it in for service. That way, you'll have the data from before the repair to be sure it's working the same after repair as before. It can also help you figure out what pressure settings worked best on the old machine so you can put it on the ResMart machine.

SleepyHead does not work for the ResMart machine.

There's a link at the top of this page for SleepyHead.

There's a Beginners Guide thread in this forum.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a folder on the SD card labeled "e". It contains the error logs for each machine failure. It takes a geek to be able to figure out how to read those files, but it can be done. The repair shop will be able to get useful information from those files.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 278 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 316 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,001 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.