Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required"
Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required"
Machine worked great and turned off normally in the AM. Turned machine on at bedtime and it came up with "SERVICE  REQUIRED" and buttons flash and machine beeps. I removed smart card and unplugged machine for a long period of time and still get massage when plugged back in. Any help in resetting or repair would be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required"
Service would be more, or equal to a new machine. Your machine was issued between 2005 and 2008, and by now has far exceeded its expected life. Your choices are to obtain a new machine through insurance and a DME, or to buy online. FWIW, online prices for a new Philips Respironics Dreamstation on Amazon is about $400. Use that as a benchmark against getting a prescription renewal ($??), possible sleep study ($3000+), and acquisition through a DME at nearly $1800.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try unplugging it from the wall. Then unplugging the cord from the back. Wait at least a minute. Plug it back into the back of the machine then into the wall again. I doubt it will make a difference but it might.

It sounds as if your machine has some sort of fatal error. Is there no error message other than Service Required? Are the beeps evenly spaced or seem to be a repeating pattern?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi msgill59,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Usually when you get beeps and a service required message, a new machine is in order.
Good luck to you with your machine decision and also with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your replies. Very disappointed with my machine on why it worked so well for many years and over night DEAD! Of course my prescription is older than a year and I need a new one. I just hate the process on getting a new machine. 

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
This response is probably way to late for most folks.  I grabbed my old machine which was meant to be a "backup" unit and some time ago, it suddenly started to abort startup and go into the "service required" mode, with all 3 lights blinking.  I came back here to see if there were any recent resolutions, and found none.  So I began playing around with it and stumbled upon a fix which works every time on my machine... the fix is this:

Plug the machine in...wait until it goes in to "service required" is shown and all 3 lights are blinking.

Press and hold the power button in.

Disconnect the power connector from the back of the machine while still holding in the power button.

After about 2 seconds, plug the power connector in while still holding the power button.

It will take what seems a long time but the machine will boot up as normal, then you can finally release the power button.

The machine will stay "fixed" for normal use....unless the unit is unplugged, or there is a power outage.  When power is reconnected, use the process above to reset the machine.

This worked for me every time...I'm not sure it will work for anyone else...good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
To tommagic1 : Thank you so much for eliminating what would have been a restless night with no sleep. Your FIX on the REMstarplus m- series of not turning on & the lights flashing was right on. Cudos & much thanks to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2019, 04:00 PM)tommagic1 Wrote: This response is probably way to late for most folks.  I grabbed my old machine which was meant to be a "backup" unit and some time ago, it suddenly started to abort startup and go into the "service required" mode, with all 3 lights blinking.  I came back here to see if there were any recent resolutions, and found none.  So I began playing around with it and stumbled upon a fix which works every time on my machine... the fix is this:

Plug the machine in...wait until it goes in to "service required" is shown and all 3 lights are blinking.

Press and hold the power button in.

Disconnect the power connector from the back of the machine while still holding in the power button.

After about 2 seconds, plug the power connector in while still holding the power button.

It will take what seems a long time but the machine will boot up as normal, then you can finally release the power button.

The machine will stay "fixed" for normal use....unless the unit is unplugged, or there is a power outage.  When power is reconnected, use the process above to reset the machine.

This worked for me every time...I'm not sure it will work for anyone else...good luck!

Excellent.  I still have one as a back up and I knew these machines did this now and again, but I didn't know how to overcome it.
Thank you for this information.
Saved for future reference.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
What is considered a long time? I. In real trouble here. If I can't get this machine to work by tonight, I'll die. I have a heart condition that is largely brought on by the lack of sleep. 

I'm trying the steps mentions and I'm not getting any results. All I did was unplug my machine and plug it back in and I got this message. I've been using it less than 6 months. I have zero money and am unable to work. I neep help y'all, I'm starting to really panic...
Post Reply Post Reply
Synthwave, welcome to the forum. If you can't get the machine going on this Sunday evening, you will certainly be uncomfortable, but we'll hope to still hear from you tomorrow. Where are you located, in case someone can help. I had the M-series, but it is a very old machine now. We will help as best we can.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 50 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] Advice required regarding data Mjfbeeslaar 4 384 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 251 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 431 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep test Required/Mandatory ??? dalabera 9 762 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.