Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar Cflex 1005961
Remstar Cflex 1005961
A friend just phoned me and said he got a Remstar Cflex model 1005961 from his dad and aksked me if it would meet his needs. He needs a data capable auto machine. From the research I've done it appears this machine is a fixed pressure brick. Just wanted to confirm that with those of you who are familiar with the older Remstar machines before I tell him he's going to have to spend a bunch of money. He has been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea from a home sleep study so we don't have much information.

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar Cflex 1005961
This is a legacy machine, and while the current RemStar Pro does produce data, this one is not going to be useful. The machine was manufactured between 2002 and 2006 and pre-dates the M-Series. I would not use this ancient machine except under extreme duress. As you know Supplier #33 has well-priced new and used machines as does Supplier #2. There are a couple machines in the Indianapolis Craigslist, but nothing I'd jump on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks,

That pretty well confirms what I thought. The only data capable autoset machine I found on Craigslist was an A10 autoset for $400 in Indy. That seems reasonable but I see suppler #33 has one new for a little over $600 and Supplier #2 has a use one with heated hose for $489. This guy needs a good machine. Unfortunately his insurance is terrible. I was surprised to see rthat the S9s are only about $100 less and that's without the humidiefier.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the Resmed Autoset in Fort Wayne for $325 post id: 6760278331. Seller claims it is new and has case and humidifier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SS,

My friend is reluctant to drive 3 hrs each way and risk that the condition is not as claimed. I'll keep looking closer to home. Meanwhile, he likes the deal from supplier 33 if he can come up with $600. The family is not exactly affluent.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
A conversation with the seller usually satisfies condition issues. Verify household smoking and why the machine is for sale, how much it was used before they quit, etc. Explain the need to drive. and negotiate. CPAP machines are often sold by people that simply did not tolerate it and want some Christmas cash for something that has no value to them. I have not been mislead on condition personally. The price from Supplier #33 is pretty good, and gets a new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump the noisy old brick and get a new or lightly used one.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 497 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 278 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,104 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 473 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 478 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,874 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does EPR/CFlex change Flow Rate shape or I:E ratio? KeepSmiling 4 741 11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.