Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Reporting Flaw - All Versions
SleepyHead Reporting Flaw - All Versions
Please take note:
If you use the Normal Average instead of Median for Middle Calculation in File->Preferences->CPAP->Preferred Calculation Methods, The average value at the top of the AHI graph on the Overview screen will be reported incorrectly. It was reporting a value of 4.71 as opposed to .56. Both 0.9.8.1-Testing and 1.0.0-beta-2 have this error.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Reporting Flaw - All Versions
Verified... All of the 'average' values along the top of the AHI Overview bar chart are incorrect when 'Normal Average' is selected in Preferences.

Bug noted; I will investigate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked at mine, and I have a Mac, with Sleepyhead version:  1.0.0-beta-2    and under Preferred Calculation Methods, "Middle Calculation" has "median" checked, so I am assuming my AHI that is showing, is correct.  To be sure, I did the math;

AHI=OI+HI+CAI and it added up to the reported AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, your values will be correct. However, Median is the same as saying "50 Percentile".  To calculate a percentile, you arrange all the values of a given group in order of size.  The value that is listed in the middle of the order is considered Median or the 50 Percentile.  

Example Values: 9, 7, 3, 8, 9, 7, 5  

Values in order 9, 9, 8, 7, 7, 5, 3
Median = 7

Average = 6.857
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 817 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 136 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,741 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 558 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,480 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.