Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar Pro M Series
Question 
Remstar Pro M Series
I have been on CPAP for about three years now and am noticing that the pressure seems weaker. Am I supposed to have my machine calibrated?, am I supposed to take a Sleep Study annually??, does Medical Insurance cover the accessories??.[/size]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar Pro M Series
To help with some of your questions, I'll offer the following answers.
Pressure seems weaker...perhaps your machine which is an older model is wearing out OR you are just used to the machine that it appears to be weaker pressure. You are not supposed to have your machine calibrated unless you suspect trouble so I recommend you have your DME check the pressure for you.

You normally wouldn't require an annual sleep study unless there was specific problems occurring or your MD recommends it.

Your parts replacement would be covered under whatever type of insurance that you have. I would suggest that you contact them for more info. Parts (filters and masks) should be replaced at regular intervals for proper therapy.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi abrownboy64, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! If you suspect that your machine is giving you trouble, you might have it checked out by your DME. On the other hand, could it be that you are just so used to the machine, that you think the pressure is weeker? Just a thought...
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2012, 11:51 AM)abrownboy64 Wrote: I have been on CPAP for about three years now and am noticing that the pressure seems weaker.
after a while we don,t notice the pressure as much and feel as if the machine not working
but if you,re noticing AHI going up then its different matter
have you had any followup with the sleep doc?

the clinical manual of your machine available by direct download (scroll down section two)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine has a pressure sensor, so it shouldn't simply get weak as it gets old. If the fan doesn't blow as well, the computer will speed up the motor to concentrate.

Of course, it could drift out of alignment or some such.

You can make a crude pressure measurement by sticking the end of the hose into a container of water and seeing how many cm below the surface of the water it will blow air. If it blows air 10 cm below the surface, that's a pressure of 10.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you replaced the air filter? If these get clogged it will reduce airflow!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 564 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 597 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 454 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question Crimson Nape 6 635 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.