Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar System One Resistance system
Remstar System One Resistance system
I've purchased the Remstar Series 60 and am having issues with gaps in my treatment during the night. To put it simply, there are periods of my night's treatment where my breathing is not recorded. I have confirmed that the machine is on all night and doesn't stop blowing air.

I strongly suspect that in the unrecorded gaps the machine simply does not detect my breathing and stops recording any data. Of course if it can't detect any breathing it can't treat any events that I might have. One night I had the machine going for 8 hours but just under 3 hours of data was present and there were some huge gaps. I felt like crap when I got up that morning.

I've tried to cover all the possible issues including power supply, faulty SD card, etc. I have turned off both the auto start and auto on but this has changed nothing.

Before I return the machine I am wondering if the resistance setting might affect the machine detecting my breathing. I use a Dreamwear mask yet Respironics doesn't seem to have a setting for it. All their other nasal masks use setting 1 so this is what I used for the Dreamwear. But as the Dreawear has two vents this may be wrong.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I'd like to cover all the bases before returning the machine all the way to the US from Australia only to find that the problem was an incorrect setting.

I'm using my S9 loaner to maintain therapy as I now fear a night without therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar System One Resistance system
have you contacted PR for any technical guidance / diagnostic assistance?

http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/about/contact

The human factors of their website are simply abysmal but after crawling around it looks like you could fill in a form for additional information.

That might be your 1st step if you have the time
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the delay in responding. I've checked out the resistance systems and apparently I have it set correctly.

The machine has gone back to the US and my reliable old loaner, the S9 is still working for me. I had a 5 hour period with an AHI of 0.24 the other night so things continue to slowly improve.

Be interesting to see what [Commercial DME web address removed; instead, please refer to Supplier #1 on the forum Supplier List] do about this - I'm assuming that they'll come to the party.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow, so it really was broken. I guess it's that consumer electronics thing - fail at once or last until planned obsolescence.

Re the mask resistance, I have had two Philips masks, and the resistance value was printed on the back of the plastic packaging as well as in the little "manual" that came with the mask. I believe it was right next to the pressure vs. flow graph.

I hope you get your replacement machine soon.

(08-08-2016, 03:54 AM)holden4th Wrote: Sorry about the delay in responding. I've checked out the resistance systems and apparently I have it set correctly.

The machine has gone back to the US and my reliable old loaner, the S9 is still working for me. I had a 5 hour period with an AHI of 0.24 the other night so things continue to slowly improve.

Be interesting to see what [Supplier #1] do about this - I'm assuming that they'll come to the party.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the mask well before the Remstar but the packaging is still around and you're correct, the setting is on the bag.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess you really didn't need that info, but maybe it will be useful to some other person who's Googling that particular question.

(08-09-2016, 04:03 AM)holden4th Wrote: I got the mask well before the Remstar but the packaging is still around and you're correct, the setting is on the bag.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,883 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 102 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 362 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 6,946 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,879 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 468 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 348 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.