Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead data gap
SleepyHead data gap
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

SleepyHead last night pulled a new one on me. It showed two separate periods, one of 10 minutes and the other of 8 minutes, with no data, as though I had either turned off the machine or removed the hose several times during the night. However, those events didn't happen, and my memory was confirmed first by ResScan, which showed only one "mask event" for the entire night. I could also tell there were no breaks during the night by the urgency of my desire to visit the bathroom when I awoke! I checked the Session Information, as I always do since the DST issue arose, and it was accurate except for the unexplained gaps. As far as I have noticed, this is a first. Anyone else had this issue?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
RE: SleepyHead data gap
(04-23-2012, 09:46 AM)JumpStart Wrote: SleepyHead last night pulled a new one on me. It showed two separate periods, one of 10 minutes and the other of 8 minutes, with no data, as though I had either turned off the machine or removed the hose several times during the night. However, those events didn't happen, and my memory was confirmed first by ResScan, which showed only one "mask event" for the entire night. I could also tell there were no breaks during the night by the urgency of my desire to visit the bathroom when I awoke! I checked the Session Information, as I always do since the DST issue arose, and it was accurate except for the unexplained gaps. As far as I have noticed, this is a first. Anyone else had this issue?

then, it's clearly a sleepyhead problem and probably just a one time blip in the beta program. i would set up a new user and download again to see what you get a second time. if its better, go back to the original and purge today's date and start again. if it's the same i wouldn't worry about it.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Which version of SH are you using? Operating system, etc.

The more information like you provide can provide Jedimark the ability to narrow things down if it happens to be in his current build.

Thinking-about I have never seen anything like this in my Version 0.9.2-2 MacOS version.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Tried the purge function (several times) as suggested, but SleepyHead failed to purge the selected day's data. Didn't purge any data, for that matter, although I tried several times. Opened and closed main program several times to confirm. I then removed the data for today located in its database [c:\(user)\my documents\sleepyheaddata\profiles\(my profile)\ResMed_*\(14 files dated today)], opened SleepyHead and confirmed nothing was reflected for today in any of its menus, closed and opened SleepyHead several times, and re-imported. Same data gaps as before.

I use Win7x64, SleepyHead 0.9.2-1. Other than the doubling issues created by DST, I have had no other problems.
It is possible that there is an anomoly in the data That Resmed can account for that Sleepyhead does not. I would keep an eye on it and see if it continues. If it does you may want to format the SD card just in case there is an issue going on with the card. I have had things like that occur with my SD cards for my camera and a format usually sorts it out.
(04-23-2012, 10:59 AM)Rritch Wrote: It is possible that there is an anomoly in the data That Resmed can account for that Sleepyhead does not. I would keep an eye on it and see if it continues. If it does you may want to format the SD card just in case there is an issue going on with the card. I have had things like that occur with my SD cards for my camera and a format usually sorts it out.

A good suggestion. As I normally format ever 3-4 days anyway, I went ahead this morning and did so and will see if this re-occurs tomorrow. However, since this is the first time in over 45 days of usage of SleepyHead for this to occur, something different certainly did happen. And the fact that ResScan may have corrected the anomaly is also possible. But who knows?

(04-23-2012, 09:46 AM)JumpStart Wrote: SleepyHead last night pulled a new one on me. It showed two separate periods, one of 10 minutes and the other of 8 minutes, with no data, as though I had either turned off the machine or removed the hose several times during the night. However, those events didn't happen, and my memory was confirmed first by ResScan, which showed only one "mask event" for the entire night. I could also tell there were no breaks during the night by the urgency of my desire to visit the bathroom when I awoke! I checked the Session Information, as I always do since the DST issue arose, and it was accurate except for the unexplained gaps. As far as I have noticed, this is a first. Anyone else had this issue?

Same here, had a 20 minute gap for the first time in almost two months.
used last night between 07/11/2012 20:39 03:02 and all data there on my 0.921 sleepyhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,280 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,386 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 1,561 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.