Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
RE: Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
ResMed claims their motor is more quick to respond to change or maintain pressure. I think this has something to do with the "gentler" pressure feeling many of us get. I think maybe the PRS1 machines seem "rougher" because there's more "slack" in the pressure regulation and it takes the machine a little longer to get the pressure right when it changes due to flow rate changes as you inhale and exhale or for exhale relief.

The motor is also one of the reasons ResMed can do their FOT Forced Oscillation Technique for apnea detection vs PRS1's pressure pulse. I think FOT feels gentler than pressure pulses and may be more accurate.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc the one thing I can tell you since you mentioned water is that if you go with the heated hose and that mode of humidity instead of system one mode, and you set the humidity at max 3 setting you will use pretty close to a tank full of water over a 9 hr night. Youll get a more constant humidity all the time because of the sensor in the hose itself but unless its pretty darn humid in your house you probably better fill er up when you go to bed.

With the heated hose you can choose between either mode without it you only have classic and S1 humidity mode. I run S1 mode in warm weather, heated hose is to warm form me, and heated hose on 1 or 2 temp and 1 2 or 3 humidity level. which is 70 80 or 90 percent humidity respectively in cool weather. One for the warmer air and two we heat with wood which keeps the air in the house pretty dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, Ghost. I wonder if will need as much humidity using nasal pillows as you need to fill a FFM? Let's see how it works out. One reason I am so sparing with the water is that I have to distil it myself - it costs a fortune to buy real distilled water here, so I bought my own distiller, but it takes four hours for two and half litres. My current method means I have to distil a fresh bottle every two weeks or so, I would hate to do it every week. Maybe with a lower temperature setting and 70% humidity I should be good. Trial and error, I guess.... Thanks again, everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I got the Remstar System One 60 today - without the heated hose - they claimed it did not exist in Switzerland, so I rather tersely told them to order it, period. The blower comes with the 80 watt transformer, and the actual, non-heated humidifier comes with the instructions for the heated one. I was a bit firm with them. I guess I will find out next week if they can get one. In the meantime, I have set it up at home, humidifier on 4 to test it in my familiar setting. We'll see and I will let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 12:29 PM)DocWils Wrote: Well, I got the Remstar System One 60 today - without the heated hose - they claimed it did not exist in Switzerland, so I rather tersely told them to order it, period. The blower comes with the 80 watt transformer, and the actual, non-heated humidifier comes with the instructions for the heated one. I was a bit firm with them. I guess I will find out next week if they can get one. In the meantime, I have set it up at home, humidifier on 4 to test it in my familiar setting. We'll see and I will let you know.

Good. Did you get the heated hose humidifier lid to go with the hose?

Claiming it doesn't exist in Switzerland is funny, however, given the screwy things the manufacturers do, it might be true.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
DocWils, if you are making your own DI water, and it's taking that long.. you should check out the h2oguru, google that or airwaterice.. I used to have a large reef tank and couldn't run tap water in that thing.. they have some fairly inexpensive DI systems..

I've had my A10 for about 5 days now, and love it.. I have the humidifier in full auto.. 3 nights the tank was still about half full in the morning after 7 hours, and the other 2 it was about a quarter full.. using P10's.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 04:42 PM)YetiHead Wrote: I've had my A10 for about 5 days now, and love it..
Welcome to the forum, YetiHead

Which model is it?
CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, AutoSet For Her
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 04:25 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 12:29 PM)DocWils Wrote: Well, I got the Remstar System One 60 today - without the heated hose - they claimed it did not exist in Switzerland, so I rather tersely told them to order it, period. The blower comes with the 80 watt transformer, and the actual, non-heated humidifier comes with the instructions for the heated one. I was a bit firm with them. I guess I will find out next week if they can get one. In the meantime, I have set it up at home, humidifier on 4 to test it in my familiar setting. We'll see and I will let you know.

Good. Did you get the heated hose humidifier lid to go with the hose?

Claiming it doesn't exist in Switzerland is funny, however, given the screwy things the manufacturers do, it might be true.
80 watt power supply normally shipped with the heated tube humidifier and the heated tube

60 watt power supply for the basic humidifier and regular 15mm tube
60 watt power supply will not work with the heated tube
Post Reply Post Reply
They gave me the unheated hose humidifier (the tank lid is the same for both the unheated and heated versions) and said they did not know of any for the PRSOne 60, and if I wanted a heated hose I would have to take the S9. I insisted they look into it, but most likely Philips is only exporting the standard lid to Switzerland. They do screwy things like that here all the time - half the time I have to go to Germany to get stuff I want since it simply won't be shipped into Switzerland. And then our government complains because so many of us go to Germany or France to shop, depriving our stores of customers for their overpriced goods (on the average, the same goods sold in Germany are 20% cheaper than here). I will insist they do a direct import from Holland if necessary, and call Philips myself if need be about this. Since the LL is the main DMS (DME in the US?) here for CPAP, I find it awful if their choice is limited. And it is. ResMed is just shipping the A10 now in Switzerland, but won't allow the A10 for Her to be shipped here until April or May - no good reason I can think of, except they are probably realising their mistake in making the For Him so limited and the For Her an all-in one and want to capitalise on the sales of the For Him as long as they can.

I also had a look at the Nuance version of the P10 mask. Very nice in many ways, although I have my doubts about the outflow system, it seems it would produce a steady stream of strong air flow, unlike the P10, which diffuses the air more effectively. But I like the head strap more. My contact at the LL said that the strap is more comfortable, but stretches out more easily than the P10's daft head strap.

Yetihead, I will look into it. I COULD simply siphon distilled water from the hospital's supply, but I consider that unfair, they need it for helping patients and what not, so I got my own distiller. Back when it was fashion to wear scrubs on the street, I still refused to take any of the hospital's scrubs for that purpose. I don't even take home a bandage if I need one, or even an aspirin. Call me funny that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc, Be aware that the lid for the humidifier with the climate line hose is not the same as the lid without the climate line. The one that has the climate line has a set of connectors on the top elbow tube that is lacking on the standard version. Also if they gave you the 80 watt supply then the climate line should most definitely be available as the 80 only comes with the unit when there is a climate line, otherwise it ships with the 60 watt.

Also, I used the Nuance version of the P10, and the P10, go for the P10 imho way better overall.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,236 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 111 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 382 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,015 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,890 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 475 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 362 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.