Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
RE: Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
Doc the lid connector is different as Galactus said. It has a small female plug on the top that a male plug built into the heated hose slips into when you put the hose on. And the heated hose one end is hard plastic with latches that slip into slots to hold the hose on.

You can use a regular hose with a heated hose humidifier but you cant use a heated hose on a regular humidifier. It has no rubber end on one end so it wont stay on. The lid is different.

What is sounds like if you got an 80w power supply is that your humidifier is heated hose capable but has a standard lid on it. You can order a conversion kit online if thats the case that has the hose and lid you need. Plus with the heated hose humidifier lid the lid for the water tank is also different.
Tank is the same but the lid is flat with nothing that goes into the tank like the regular lid. Regular lid wont fit into the humidifier with the heated hose top.
As far as pillows vs ffm and water usage. I occasionally use a gimme nasal mask I was gifted though its one size to small but works ok. I dont use as much water with it as I do with the Fitlife total face. Or FFM as the FFM and Fitlife use about the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lid of the tank I received has no inner piece that goes down into the tank like the old PSR 50 tanks did, and I tried to swap it for my old tank lid, but it did not allow the humidifier lid to close. But even with the new tank lid and the non heated hose, it behaved as my old machine used to in terms of humidification, or close - I filled it a bit over 50% and had, after 6.5 hours sleep, around 2 mm in the tank left. So that is pretty good, IMHO - close to the parameters my old machine acted with before everything went wonky. And that gives the LL a good argument for their rental scheme (I rented) - replacement was all on them, not cost to me. Same with repairs. Nice. Of course, the 5 year replacement rule is now shifted to the new machine, so I am back at day 1 in terms of that, but who cares? The blower is way quieter than my old one, and I mean WAAAAAAY quieter, and although the new tank layout increases tank echo, it is tolerable and a kitchen towel bunched up in front of the tank deals with it nicely...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 07:07 PM)archangle Wrote: My S9 AutoSet pressure seems to jump up pretty quickly, then decay exponentially unless something triggers it to go higher. It seems that the increased pressure decays about 50% in 20 minutes.

Right.

ResMed says their "Time Constant" for the exponential rate of pressure decay is 20 minutes. Mathematically, this means after 14 minutes the pressure will have relaxed half of the difference toward the Minimum Pressure setting.

(In 20 minutes the pressure will have relaxed more than half, 63% of the way toward the Min Pressure setting.)
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, two nights with the new box, AHI av. 1.14, clean results throughout - not awful. I think my sore throat problem is not 100% resolved and if they can't supply a heated hose system, I'll get one on my own. Altogether not the dumbest decision. I found the air delivery far less aggressive at pressure than with the older PSR 50, but that may also be because I adjusted XRelief on this one (sort of"mask type" on the Resmed machines). I note far less condensation on the inside of the tank than on the PSR 50 tank - I assume it has to do with the redesign of the lid...

Thanks again everyone for all the input....
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got off the phone with the LL - they can indeed order the correct humidifier with heated hose, so I gave them the go ahead. I should get it next week sometime.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 07:08 AM)DocWils Wrote: Just got off the phone with the LL - they can indeed order the correct humidifier with heated hose, so I gave them the go ahead. I should get it next week sometime.

Good Deal. In my opinion the heated hose makes things much simpler for me since I seem to need the high humidity.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Payton,

I am looking forward to it - of late, no matter what heat setting I use, I get a bit of sore throat in the morning, so I think the heated hose and humidity settings will deal with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 05:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 04:42 PM)YetiHead Wrote: I've had my A10 for about 5 days now, and love it..
Welcome to the forum, YetiHead

Which model is it?
CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, AutoSet For Her

sorry.. :-)

autoset 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi YetiHead,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the heated hose and humidifier - will play with the settings over the next few days - oh, boy, more toys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,022 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,148 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.