Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
RE: Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
(11-20-2014, 10:59 AM)DocWils Wrote: Just got the heated hose and humidifier - will play with the settings over the next few days - oh, boy, more toys!

I have found so far that the auto setting works very nicely. You can adjust the temp which adjusts the absolute humidity which seems to affect the comfort and tissue dryness but like you say-new toy. It seems to require little attention except that I must turn down the temp on weekends when I sleep longer to keep from running out of water.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 11:35 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 10:59 AM)DocWils Wrote: Just got the heated hose and humidifier - will play with the settings over the next few days - oh, boy, more toys!

I have found so far that the auto setting works very nicely. You can adjust the temp which adjusts the absolute humidity which seems to affect the comfort and tissue dryness but like you say-new toy. It seems to require little attention except that I must turn down the temp on weekends when I sleep longer to keep from running out of water.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

i agree totally with payton.. i've been running it with a heated hose since last week. Saturday night i got 10 hrs (whoa, 10 hours).. and the tank was empty empty dry..
normal during the week i get just under 7 hrs, and the water is just under the bottom line.
Post Reply Post Reply
No auto setting for the tube heating on the PSR system - you have to set humidity and heat separately form each other, and manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread has been very interesting and informative.
I started self-inflicted CPAP therapy in April with a very slightly used PR60 Auto. about 2 months ago I changed out the humidifier with a PR heated hose "kit". All seemed to work well until I had one bad night when I ran out of water but still rained out the hose and mask.

I dried out every thing and went back to normal the next night.
Normal was a level that I felt was not very good considering my average AHI was mid 3 to mid 4 with peaks over 5 from time to time. I've been running on Auto 4-11 with an average (per SleepyHead) pressure of about 6, 90% about 8.

Last night was my first night on my new Res 10 AutoSet (for Him). My AHI plummeted to .63 with pressures remaining about the same. Comfort was fantastic (still using the same RM P10 pillows).

I know one night is not enough but I'm still impressed with the difference and I also know SH doesn't have the exact same data set to work with as from PR60 output but, Really? .63?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 01:27 PM)jctampa Wrote: This thread has been very interesting and informative.
I started self-inflicted CPAP therapy in April with a very slightly used PR60 Auto. about 2 months ago I changed out the humidifier with a PR heated hose "kit". All seemed to work well until I had one bad night when I ran out of water but still rained out the hose and mask.

I dried out every thing and went back to normal the next night.
Normal was a level that I felt was not very good considering my average AHI was mid 3 to mid 4 with peaks over 5 from time to time. I've been running on Auto 4-11 with an average (per SleepyHead) pressure of about 6, 90% about 8.

Last night was my first night on my new Res 10 AutoSet (for Him). My AHI plummeted to .63 with pressures remaining about the same. Comfort was fantastic (still using the same RM P10 pillows).

I know one night is not enough but I'm still impressed with the difference and I also know SH doesn't have the exact same data set to work with as from PR60 output but, Really? .63?
Hi jctampa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you like the Airsence 10 so far.
Hang in there and someone will be able to answer your question about Sleepyhead.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that you should have such a huge difference between the machines unless something was very wrong with one of them. They work pretty much the same way, and outside of noise considerations (again, little difference between them - maybe a bit more tank echo in the PRS than in the Resmed). Something else is at work here than machine type.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Doc,
I'm thinking the same thing. The PR has reported some strange stuff lately and/or SH showing some strange things. Like in a graph where sleep stops but a blank area afterward shows various events. Details incorrectly that there is no heated hose or if humidity is set at 2 or lower, "disconnected".

The good news is: RM seems to be flying in style and I'm eager to see what it says in the AM and how I feel.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my heated hose yesterday, only 1 night in, but so far liking what I feel.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 12:51 PM)DocWils Wrote: No auto setting for the tube heating on the PSR system - you have to set humidity and heat separately form each other, and manually.

Sorry, I forgot and got carried away.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my first night on the heated hose was fine - set at 2 with the humidifier at my normal 4. But I woke up with a funky feeling on my tongue. Dunno if that has to do with the humidity level (2 = 80%) or what. But AHI was .75, so not awful..... More tank echo at the start up than with the non-heated system, dunno why. I guess I should pre-heat that tank to avoid that, as it goes away once the tank has heated up....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,429 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,200 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 564 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.