Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
RE: Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
Oddly, since I started on a heated hose three days ago, I have started to have throat problems - it may be unrelated, or the warm air exacerbated an incipient infection, or what - I have no idea - but I now wake up with what feels like a strep throat. Odd.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Very odd. What is your plan from here? Are you going to ride it out? Are you going to go to the doctor? Too-funny Not far to go. Sorry I absolutely could not resist.

I guess I would try without the heated hose for a couple of nights and see if the symptoms improve. Of course, if it is an infection of some sort, that probably will not do much.

just curious.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he should consult a real Dr Dielaughing

He also mentioned that they had a case of ebola out there in switzerland. If he was within 3000 miles he could have caught that.... (oh wait sorry wrong thread (just joking of course).

I have to add I just got my heated humidifier and heated hose, only 3 days now, have not yet decided how I feel about it. I am between and betwixt currently.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2014, 06:20 AM)DocWils Wrote: Oddly, since I started on a heated hose three days ago, I have started to have throat problems - it may be unrelated, or the warm air exacerbated an incipient infection, or what - I have no idea - but I now wake up with what feels like a strep throat. Odd.....

IMHO, If you are running the dial at 4 with heated humidifier at 2, that means you are running delivery air at 28 degree C at 80%. You may want to dial down the temperature to 24 degree C (dial at 3) or to 20 degree C (dial at 2).
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ash. Fine tuning is always tough at the outset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc everyone is different I know but unless there is ice on the inside of my bedroom window, which does happen lol, I never go above 2 on the tube temp and most times one. Summer I dont even run the heated hose mode as its too warm.

Not sure what your bedroom temps are like but tube temp 1 is 4 degrees above ambient room temperature, setting of 5 is 16 degrees F above ambient room temp. If you sleep in a warm room with a tube temp that high your breathing some pretty hot air.

Hot enough to give me a sore throat unless i run the humidity at 3. Which to me at least is sort of like sleeping in a steam room LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ghost - all things to consider - the heating in my flat is not great, and right now it is at considerable variance (old windows, warped frames, you name it), so I will consider that as well. Still have the raging sore throat with the heated hose off, so I am guessing it may be a bug. Time to put in for a few sick days, I think. Or go to the ORL Klinik and see if they can spot anything (alas, I don't get to jump the queue in such cases - they are very strict and don't take staff in front of patients - first come, first serve, and I never have time in the hospital to just give up the hour or two wait I would have to give up, not to mention they are in a different building on the campus, a good ten minute walk (uphill) from my office. We are very spread out here.....).
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was doing research into machines, the ResMed ability to set the humidifier/ClimateLine to a fixed temperature vs. reference number (I like my air warm at about 28C & 80%, but the AirSense 10 in Auto will set it to 27C and 80% AFAIK) is one of the features that tipped me in favour of RM vs. PR.

The humidified, heated air combo can be therapeutic, but like many other things, only in moderation. Living in a area with lots of air conditioning, nightly blasts of warm humid air have been a major plus for me and my sinuses.

Your Mileage May Vary...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2014, 01:59 PM)rjberube Wrote: the ResMed ability to set the humidifier/ClimateLine to a fixed temperature vs. reference number (I like my air warm at about 28C & 80%, but the AirSense 10 in Auto will set it to 27C and 80% AFAIK) is one of the features that tipped me in favour of RM vs. PR.

From ResMed clinician manuals, it seems that the A10 in Climate Control Auto mode targets 85% Relative Humidity, rather than 80% like the S9 generation.

1. For ResMed A10 family: Climate Control Auto

"Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.

"The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask)."

2. For ResMed S9 family: Climate Control

"When the ClimateLine or ClimateLineMAX heated air tubing is connected and Climate Control is enabled, the patient can adjust the air temperature to find the setting that is most comfortable for them.

"When set to Auto, Climate Control prevents rainout by maintaining 80% relative humidity in the delivered air. If Climate Control is set to Manual, Humidity Level and Heated Tube temperature can be set independently."

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my PRS1 heated hose for about 10 days now..... As an extremist I have the humidity at 3 and the heat at 5. It is snowing here and we have only electric heat and it does virtually nothing so we set it quite low, use the heated mattress and a good blanket instead. It seems to me that sometimes the air is hot, other times not so much. I can't figure out what the variation is being caused by. I can say it is using quite a lot of water. And I am sleeping well, so much so I don't even want to take the mask off when I wake up. I think it could be hotter and I'd be happier. I hope this info helps someone, I'm not so sure.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,085 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,157 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.