Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
RE: Remstare System One 60 series vs. Resmed A 10 for HIM
My experience with the heated hose is that if your running an auto on PRS1 is this concerning temp variations. If your pressure rises your intentional mask vent also rises with it. Which means the speed of air flow thru the tube is faster. There is a bit of a time lag as the tube heats to catch up. Same with a leak.

Once the pressure moves down airflow slows thru the tube and the air feels hotter until the tube elements cool a bit to compensate.

A huge hurricane leak will and has overpowered my heated tube a time or two where the air was cold because the tube simply couldnt not heat the air coming thru fast enough. But that was something like strap coming off the mask etc and huge air rushing leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, to be clear in PSR - if you are not using a heated hose, the values of 1 through 5 are the values used to instruct the humidifier to heat to a given percentage of moisture. Once you switch a heated hose, that value is then 1 through 3 and the 1 through 5 value is the heating of the tube. Correct? I glean this from the German setting indicators on the control screen, which may be mistranslations and seem at variance with the English and French language indicators. See, even doctors get confused... (it would help if I actually had the manual, probably) Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2014, 08:23 AM)DocWils Wrote: So, to be clear in PSR - if you are not using a heated hose, the values of 1 through 5 are the values used to instruct the humidifier to heat to a given percentage of moisture. Once you switch a heated hose, that value is then 1 through 3 and the 1 through 5 value is the heating of the tube. Correct? I glean this from the German setting indicators on the control screen, which may be mistranslations and seem at variance with the English and French language indicators. See, even doctors get confused... (it would help if I actually had the manual, probably) Wink

Yep Doc thats the way it works. No heated hose the 1 thru 5 around the knob is the humidity settings.

If you disable system one humidity in clinical the numbers will have a c in front of them for classic mode which disables the sensors that determine what your rooms humidity is to start with. Works just like old style heat plate humidity settings and rain out is in your future LOL.

With heated hose the numbers 1 thru 5 around the knob are the tube temp settings.

You set humidity 1= 70% 2= 80% 3=90% in the set up menu.

With heated hose you can switch tube temp setting on the fly during the night just by moving the knob.

To change humidity setting with heated hose you would have to stop the machine, go into patient set up and change that.
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
One thing to remember is that the absolute humidity is what is needed for comfort and health. At least this is what ResMed says and I think they are right. This means that at 80% relative humidity your tissues are getting more moisture at 80 deg. F than at 70 deg. F

Absolute Humidity - The actual amount of water in the air in milligrams per cubic meter or some such.
Relative humidity - the amount of water in the air as a percentage of the amount of water the air is capable of holding at that temperature.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good things to consider - This old flat gets quite dry in the winter - I get skin problems each winter here, although I have no idea what the humidity in the flat actually is - time to buy a nice little device with measures everything (temp, humidity, relv/abs,etc) - oh, boy, more gadgets to go with my latest toys (new laptop, etc).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2014, 01:28 PM)DocWils Wrote: Good things to consider - This old flat gets quite dry in the winter - I get skin problems each winter here, although I have no idea what the humidity in the flat actually is - time to buy a nice little device with measures everything (temp, humidity, relv/abs,etc) - oh, boy, more gadgets to go with my latest toys (new laptop, etc).

Just let me know if you need any more "justifications" for new gadgets. I am very good at coming up with that if you need any assistance. Laugh-a-lot

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
This thing is going to make me crazy. Maybe ghost is right as my pressure fluctuates from 13-20 the heat settings change.... All I know is sometimes the thing is so hot it's like a sauna and other times it's almost as cold as it was. If I am being honest though overall it feels much much better. My nose is no longer cherry red in the morning and I am sleeping better so whatever the upside or downfall of this thing is it was worth it. I'm at least happier than I was.

Payton, find me a gadget that makes this thing heat the air better!!! Do it quick. I need a setting called "sauna" that would make me happy as pie.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 10:07 PM)Galactus Wrote: This thing is going to make me crazy. Maybe ghost is right as my pressure fluctuates from 13-20 the heat settings change.... All I know is sometimes the thing is so hot it's like a sauna and other times it's almost as cold as it was. If I am being honest though overall it feels much much better. My nose is no longer cherry red in the morning and I am sleeping better so whatever the upside or downfall of this thing is it was worth it. I'm at least happier than I was.

Payton, find me a gadget that makes this thing heat the air better!!! Do it quick. I need a setting called "sauna" that would make me happy as pie.

LOL good to hear its helping at least.

In a nutshell if your pressure was holding steady the temp wouldnt change.

All thats really happening is pressure goes up mask vent goes up. Even assuming no leaks at all.
Air speed inside the tube goes up. The tube heat is capable of keeping 16 degrees above ambient room temperature at even 20 CMH2O but there is a lag time as the heat element heats up to get there. Air feels colder cuz it is till the the tube heat catches up to increased air speed in the tube.

Same with the hot feeling only in reverse. The pressure drops mask vent drops, air speed in the tube in drops, but there is a lag time for the tube itself to cool down to the set temp.

My pressure is min 10 capped at 15. Seldom goes more than 14 so I dont have much fluctuation in air temp to notice. Narrower the pressure range the less lag time there is and less temp fluctuation.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it LOLCoffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2014, 12:29 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(11-29-2014, 10:07 PM)Galactus Wrote: This thing is going to make me crazy. Maybe ghost is right as my pressure fluctuates from 13-20 the heat settings change.... All I know is sometimes the thing is so hot it's like a sauna and other times it's almost as cold as it was. If I am being honest though overall it feels much much better. My nose is no longer cherry red in the morning and I am sleeping better so whatever the upside or downfall of this thing is it was worth it. I'm at least happier than I was.

LOL good to hear its helping at least.

In a nutshell if your pressure was holding steady the temp wouldnt change.

All thats really happening is pressure goes up mask vent goes up. Even assuming no leaks at all.
Air speed inside the tube goes up. The tube heat is capable of keeping 16 degrees above ambient room temperature at even 20 CMH2O but there is a lag time as the heat element heats up to get there. Air feels colder cuz it is till the the tube heat catches up to increased air speed in the tube.

Same with the hot feeling only in reverse. The pressure drops mask vent drops, air speed in the tube in drops, but there is a lag time for the tube itself to cool down to the set temp.

My pressure is min 10 capped at 15. Seldom goes more than 14 so I dont have much fluctuation in air temp to notice. Narrower the pressure range the less lag time there is and less temp fluctuation.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it LOLCoffee

So what I need is a schematic so I can disable that sensor and keep it on wide open heat, then my life will be truly happy!!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 10:07 PM)Galactus Wrote: Payton, find me a gadget that makes this thing heat the air better!!! Do it quick. I need a setting called "sauna" that would make me happy as pie.

Sleep in the shower! Dont-knowDielaughing

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,080 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,156 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.