Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remzzz liners and FFM
Remzzz liners and FFM
While I love my Simplus, when it leaks, it is noisy. I hate hate hate the chin strap. And without it, which I have tried, I lip leak like mad. Mouth never opens. I just blow air through my lips like I'm whistling. Back to the chin strap again. Did I mention I hate that thing?

Then I remembered I had gotten a box of Remzzz liners to try. I got them out the other night and tried one. SleepyHead there were some leaks but not too bad and not for too long. Second night, I tried using the same liner and it just didn't seem to fit right. Still low leaks and I'm not going to try for a 3rd night.

So....is there a trick to using these things? The instructions said to stretch it once it is put on. That didn't work as any stretching I did extended it beyond the cushion of the mask. Maybe they come in specific sizes? I'll have to check.

The other option is to try another FFM. The only other one left to try is the FlexiFit 432/431. That's how much I hate the chin strap. All of them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remzzz liners and FFM
(04-22-2015, 06:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: While I love my Simplus, when it leaks, it is noisy. I hate hate hate the chin strap. And without it, which I have tried, I lip leak like mad. Mouth never opens. I just blow air through my lips like I'm whistling. Back to the chin strap again. Did I mention I hate that thing?

Then I remembered I had gotten a box of Remzzz liners to try. I got them out the other night and tried one. SleepyHead there were some leaks but not too bad and not for too long. Second night, I tried using the same liner and it just didn't seem to fit right. Still low leaks and I'm not going to try for a 3rd night.

So....is there a trick to using these things? The instructions said to stretch it once it is put on. That didn't work as any stretching I did extended it beyond the cushion of the mask. Maybe they come in specific sizes? I'll have to check.

The other option is to try another FFM. The only other one left to try is the FlexiFit 432/431. That's how much I hate the chin strap. All of them.

Just make your own out of her old t-shirts. Or her new t-shirts. Afterall SHE's the one that's unhappy you're making funny noises in the night.

Either that, or one could convert to the P10 mask. They don't need liners. Might as well go there --- Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the t-shirt method and it didn't work. I tried an old soft one and air just constantly leaked out around the shirt. It was like the material acted like an air wick. My thinking is the material was too thick maybe perhaps kinda sorta.

And after nearly 25yrs, I know better than to use a shirt. I'm rather fond of my skin.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 11:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I tried the t-shirt method and it didn't work. I tried an old soft one and air just constantly leaked out around the shirt. It was like the material acted like an air wick. My thinking is the material was too thick maybe perhaps kinda sorta.

And after nearly 25yrs, I know better than to use a shirt. I'm rather fond of my skin.

Paula the liner is designed for excess material to extend beyond the cushion inside and out. On the outside you simply push the excess away from your face. It will simply fold over the mask away from your face and stay there.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ghost. I thought that what you said was the case but never having used a liner, I wasn't sure and did not want to mislead.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the mask liner but it felt weird, and the hole wasn't big enough to fit my nose and mouth in. I have been using the forehead liner on my support strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 03:46 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I tried the mask liner but it felt weird, and the hole wasn't big enough to fit my nose and mouth in. I have been using the forehead liner on my support strap.

You streatch the liner after its on until the hole is large enough. Want to leave about a 1\4 inch of liner inside the mask cushion all the way around and there is usually about that much or a bit more outside.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 11:58 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 03:46 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I tried the mask liner but it felt weird, and the hole wasn't big enough to fit my nose and mouth in. I have been using the forehead liner on my support strap.

You streatch the liner after its on until the hole is large enough. Want to leave about a 1\4 inch of liner inside the mask cushion all the way around and there is usually about that much or a bit more outside.

I might try it again. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 12:35 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Paula the liner is designed for excess material to extend beyond the cushion inside and out. On the outside you simply push the excess away from your face. It will simply fold over the mask away from your face and stay there.

Yeah, I knew that. But the problem was, if I stretched it, the hole was OUTSIDE the mask. And I like that the material covers my eyes. I've woken with less eye gunk since I started using it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 12:35 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 11:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I tried the t-shirt method and it didn't work. I tried an old soft one and air just constantly leaked out around the shirt. It was like the material acted like an air wick. My thinking is the material was too thick maybe perhaps kinda sorta.

Paula the liner is designed for excess material to extend beyond the cushion inside and out. On the outside you simply push the excess away from your face. It will simply fold over the mask away from your face and stay there.

Tried it, and it didn't work, and the fabric made me itch. I washed one in clear and free dish soap, this morning, and I might try again, but this time cutting a small notch in the bottom of the mouth/nose hole.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Liners newtothis1 1 317 12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 1,996 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 644 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Mask liners Dreamless 2 723 11-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  Mask Liners (how) Do They Work? SevereApnea 10 1,960 10-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Last Post: redstormsju
  Increased leak rate with mask liners andreasnasioudis 2 1,015 05-17-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask Liners airbusA346 1 1,667 07-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.