Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remzzz liners and FFM
RE: Remzzz liners and FFM
Good luck with the liners, I hope they work out for you. I found that they were more of hassle then helpful, but YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried it again. No, no, and no.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm loving them. I need to check the data but it has been quiet.

I have sensitive skin and was afraid the texture of the liners would irritate my face. But nope.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still collecting data because it's only been about a week but it is improving!

Without the liner, last week the time in high leak was around 19%. Then the time started dropping as did the max leak. The 95% stayed about the same (in the upper 30s) once I started using them. Prior to that it really varied.

Then I started gently pulling on the edges after I laid down and got comfy. Not stretching it like the instructions say, just pulling it to kinda get any wrinkles out. I don't think there were any but it did something! For three nights now (not consecutive, one night I was stoned on Vicoden and don't remember crap), the time in high leak has been less than 6%. The max has been less than 100 and the 95% has been 28 or less.

But the even better news? My AHI has dropped. A major drawback to using the FFM has been the AHI. Even when I have a low leak night, the AHI has almost always been 3.5 or higher. I'm not surprised when I see it over 5. Today I load up the past two nights because I wanted to see what it was when I used the medium cushion. I can't remember the last time I had an AHI of less than 1.

I am happy. I have been waking up with headaches, though. This morning was a doozy. I'm going to use the humidifier and sleep on my back again for a while. It will add variables to the data collection but, well, that's how the alien bounces!

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you that those ahi's are great numbers, especially using a ffm. Good job that. Yes, leak numbers could stand to come down a bit, as can mine. But I think you're right about working on humidification for the headache, and aside from that you're in good shape.

Of course, you could migrate to a P10..... Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers with the P10 were pretty bad. Probably from the pain I was in from the nose piece and the headgear.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
I use the RemZzzs liners with my F10 FFM. Mostly eliminated leaks. My skin tends to be oily and the silicon would cause the mask to "slide" around - leaked and irritated skin. Would not do without them. Tried tea shirt - no luck there. The liners come in several sizes. Mine is medium to fit the medium RESMED F10 FFM. Stretching is essential for it to work correctly. If you have the correct size it wll not be outside the mask with reasonable stretching. I cannot use more than one night else the already streached liner leaks badly. Smile
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2016, 08:51 PM)Ed1101 Wrote: I use the RemZzzs liners with my F10 FFM. Mostly eliminated leaks. My skin tends to be oily and the silicon would cause the mask to "slide" around - leaked and irritated skin. Would not do without them. Tried tea shirt - no luck there. The liners come in several sizes. Mine is medium to fit the medium RESMED F10 FFM. Stretching is essential for it to work correctly.

Well, my pressure regularly goes up to 25, and I am very careful not to stretch my RemZzzs liners and a "30-day supply" lasts me nearly a year.

They still stretch out a little each night during use. I put the liner on while on my back, with my mouth open, so my nose bridge and lower lip get covered by the liner, then I lower the mask on top of the liner.

After several days or a week of use will be too stretched to use again, but can wash (I use a small laundry bag made to keep small items from getting lost in the washing machine), iron and re-use.

I gently fold/pull the liner away from my eyelashes, since I dislike anything touching my eyelashes.

I think it helps to buy one size smaller than the mask size.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to experience of Remzzzs with FFM.

I've used the liners for the last couple of months with my Simplus.

I haven't seen any improvement or worsening of the leak rate - I now just reckon that when the Simplus is going to leak, it's going to leak. But my 95% leak rate is typically less than 10 (and often zero) so I'm happy, particularly given my pressure goes up to 23.

I like the liners a lot for three reasons:
- the mask is more comfortable, sort of cozy now if that makes sense?
- the sore red marks on the bridge of my nose have disappeared
- and, best of all, my partner and I are no longer woken up (often many times a night) by the noise from very brief 'mask fart' leaks. The liners would seem to muffle this annoying noise.

But I am *astonished* by the cost of the Remzzzs, I can't believe they are so expensive. I can usually use the same liner for 4 or 5 nights before it doesn't function any more. I've tried washing and ironing them (not a phrase I ever thought I'd use to describe part of my lifestyle...) but that hasn't worked - they've ended up beyond resuscitation.

I've just bought some lightweight knitted (I think? it's important that it is *knitted*) 100% cotton Tee-shirt material and shall try out home-made liners soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've recently started using two at once and am getting decent results. I was waking up several times a night to adjust the mask and now I'm not. I still get leaks but I'm not hearing nor feeling them. I also moved up to the medium pillow on my Simplus. With the two liners I get mixed results in terms of leaks. Some nights I get none, other nights, a lot. But I am still sleeping the whole night through.

And yeah, the price is stupid. I squeeze the life out of mine, getting about 3-4 months out of a box. I've kept all of my dead ones and am going to try to wash them and see if they are re-born.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Liners newtothis1 1 312 12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 1,994 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 642 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Mask liners Dreamless 2 720 11-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  Mask Liners (how) Do They Work? SevereApnea 10 1,953 10-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Last Post: redstormsju
  Increased leak rate with mask liners andreasnasioudis 2 1,015 05-17-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask Liners airbusA346 1 1,666 07-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.