Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rental Airsense 10 - RERAs, Purchased - None??
Rental Airsense 10 - RERAs, Purchased - None??
Hi all,
Been on a rental Airsense 10 Auto etc for about 6 months. Steadily reporting everything including RERA's - see screenshots.

Finally had enough cash to purchase on .. my new unit does not report RERA's. Now I know its meant to report it only in the "For Her" model .. but my rental is very clearly a black "For him" model, no other settings in clinical, no "for her" mode etc.

So .. its clear there is a software, setting or something that has a standard Airsense 10 reporting RERAs. Both Rental and Purchased machines where in Australia, from Australian stock etc.

Rental - showing RERA's

Purchased - not showing RERA's

PS. I am aware of the other issues, LEAKS etc.. so yeah working on that... but concerned that I has given a new machine that did not have the same abilities as what I was lead to believe it had via using the rental.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rental Airsense 10 - RERAs, Purchased - None??
G'day Druid

If I remember rightly, the original A10 didn't report RERAs but this feature was added later. It's possible the machine you purchased is the older version.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new A10 AutoSet this week (say goodbye to the brick) and it reports RERAs
Post Reply Post Reply
DruiD,
If you haven't had your machine for long, try returning it on the basis that they said it would report RERAs and dosen't.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, have emailed the provider, my machine is a week old - and manufactured this year.... so weird it doesnt have it.
Could just be a software upgrade thing.

Rem52 - assuming your was the standard edition, not 'for her'?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DruiD.
I think you will find that rental units in Australia are actually the For Her machine innards inside a black case. You can confirm this by the different screen colours and the fact that rental units have a For Her pressure setting. The commercially available units relect the colour of the casing.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2016, 06:37 PM)swaziman Wrote: Hi DruiD.
I think you will find that rental units in Australia are actually the For Her machine innards inside a black case. You can confirm this by the different screen colours and the fact that rental units have a For Her pressure setting. The commercially available units relect the colour of the casing.

Now that you mention it, I think the rental did have a purple screen. I didn't think to check for "for her" - its now returned when I purchased mine, so cant check now. The shop has said "return it to the shop as the units are identical and we should be able to change a setting". Hope so, be annoyed if have been sold something not like for like.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a new AirSense 10 Black case that has a For her setting. The problem that I have on my firet nights try is that the SD card has no data. It was made in Australia. Any ideas, Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
I want to add that I have been using the Dreamstation and not had any problem getting data for Sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply
I may have found out something. I changed out the SD card with another and had the AirSense 10 Format it and now Sleepyhead finds it. I will try it tonight and see if I get any data.Okay

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  RERAs, RDI vs AHI in Oscar, flow limitations CPAPveteran 5 785 02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SomniumSusurrator
Question [Diagnosis] Why are my RDI/RERAs so High? rc102177 2 324 01-14-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 363 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Bipap purchased in another country Lflowermoon 2 371 07-14-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  RERAs do you trust your machine ? dwd1249 10 2,956 06-25-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.