With a long thin torx driver all of the outer screws came out with relative ease. The outer shell, with a little work, slid apart showing the airtight seals. I was careful not to damage the airtight seals. This revealed the circuit board and two connections, which were carefully removed and set aside. The rubberized steel casing that houses the motor appears to be one piece, but the rubberized top lid separates from the bottom. This revealed the inner motor housing, which has four screws to reveal the actual motor assembly. The bearings are held in place by a small c clip, once that is carefully removed, a little prying removed arbor and bearings.
The bearings on my machine were made by a company called NMB, model #R3HH. I looked around on the internet, as Resmed does not make bearings. The cheapest place I found the bearings was on Amazon. 8 bucks for two of them. These were made in Japan. I have used bearings on other projects. Be sure to stay away bearings made in China as the quality control is a bit iffy. I am sure other CPAP machines with bearing problems could be repaired in much the same way.
Before reassembly I made sure to clean out any excess dust build-up. Reassembly was a snap, and the machine works as good a new.
I hope this helps. Good luck.