Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Repairing my ResMed S7 Light - noisy fan
Sad 
Repairing my ResMed S7 Light - noisy fan
I really need to fix my cpap that has an extremely noisy fan unit.
I broke it down and found a lot of black residue and when I inspected the motor
It sounded like the bearings are going bad.
It actually woke me up this morning, so I began looking for a replacement motor unit
But had no luck at all. HELP
I would even consider a used machine but would like to exhaust all my options to
Repair first.
Anyone have an idea on where I can order the fan unit for my ResMed S7 light?
It's an old machine but hoping there is a parts department for these things.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. I need sleep!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repairing my ResMed S7 Light - noisy fan
I'm sure more experienced/knowledgeable users will chime in, but you might get better therapy from a much newer open box, or gently used machine. Supplier #2 sells a wide variety and good prices.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do they have a website?
What is the URL if so please

Post Reply Post Reply
See the Supplier List at the top of this page. We avoid direct links to suppliers in the forum posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 01:51 PM)Rocky57 Wrote: Do they have a website?
What is the URL if so please

I purchased a 'gently used' machine from them 6 months ago because my prior S9 machine had bad bearings and made a horrible noise. The price I paid was reasonable and the service was excellent.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rocky57,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Take a look at Supplier #2 on the suppliers list here at the top of the page and you will see some great deals on open-boxed or gently-used machines.
hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you on finding the part for your machine or finding a newer one.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I will guess that as medical equipment, the parts are not generally available. There are some places that repair these machine but I'd guess that the costs outweigh one of the ones from Supplied #2 AND you will get a new or nearly new machine. They are really only intended to function for five years or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check your private messages. I sent info you may be interested in.

You can pretty well forget fixing the S-7. In general, you will never get parts information, much less internal parts from ResMed. That is on new, current machines. The S-7. beiong three generations behind, are pretty much guaranteed to be a no go. These machines often give miraculous service life performance. I am betting that your S-7 probably worked a lot longer than it was designed for, but it's time to upgrade. Which can be done with a brand new, first class appliance for little more than $300.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,430 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 10,976 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,370 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 381 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,406 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 340 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,643 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.