Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Repeat Test?
Repeat Test?
I have been using a Respronic machine for the past 7 years and the humidifier has malfunctioned. Because no one can find a copy of my sleep test I am having trouble getting my machine repaired or replaced. Do I have to get a new test in order to get a new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repeat Test?
Only if your insurance wants one before they will pay for it. Kinda stupid they would pay for a very expensive sleep test before they'd pay for a cheaper machine but that's how they do it.

If you are paying out of pocket, any physician can write the prescription for it. If you have a good relationship with your GP, have him/her do it. It needs to say CPAP with humidifier, the treatment pressure (or prescribed range, mask and supplies, and if you are wanting a specific machine, have them write down that specific machine and check the box that says "Dispense as Written".

And if you are paying out of pocket, check out Supplier #2 in the Supplier's List (link at top of every page). They sell open box and "gently used" machines a low costs. Call and ask them what the prescription needs to say then have your doc write it. Done.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repeat Test?
Hi HereWeGoAgain,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 83 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 878 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 865 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 353 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  First Sleep Test OwenTrantor 56 3,992 02-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.