Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11?
Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11?
I have an aging Resmed Airsense Autoset10 (for her) that is getting noisy and it's due for replacement. I also have a regular Resmed 10 (not for her) that has very few hours on it but is about the same age.  I got it as a travel backup and use it on the road.  My coverage will pay (mostly) for a replacement of the noisy machine and my DME has the ResMed 11 as a replacement.  

It appears to be possible to get a ResMed 10 (Card to cloud version) instead. Which one should would you choose?

Reading the card is not a concern and in fact, the data connection on these older machines was never fully set up - I always took the card into my DRs office when to be read/noted annually (also routinely read them myself).

Any thoughts about the 10 vs the 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11?
The AS11 Autoset have the "For Her" as a programmable option and not a separate model. I'm still an A10 fan.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been looking for an Airsense 10 "For Her" model. I can find an Airsense 10, as mentioned in the original post, but as far as I can tell, this model does not have the "for her" algorithm. I think I will have to get the Airsense 11 auto to get the "for her" option. Is this right?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is correct. The AirSense 11 AutoSet has both the standard and 'for her' algorithms.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
One concern I have with the 11 is the redesigned water tank. It looks flimsy-ish and finicky to use. I have an unused extra tank for the 1o - in a box still as well as a dc converter which I use for camping. It's not clear to me that it will work with the 11 and I've see some reports of noisy machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2022, 11:47 AM)sansnap Wrote:  as well as a dc converter which I use for camping.  It's not clear to me that it will work with the 11 and I've see some reports of noisy machines.

The Air 10 DC-DC converter will not work with the Air 11. Different input connectors.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2022, 11:47 AM)sansnap Wrote: One concern I have with the 11 is the redesigned water tank.  It looks flimsy-ish and finicky to use. 

The tank is not flimsy at all, fairly easy to pull out and put in, I mean you wouldn't want to set it on a concrete floor folded half open and then jump off a stepstool onto the hinged part of the tank, but pretty sure that is true of any tank. I would say that the "finicky" level would be roughly equivalent to putting in and taking out a floppy disk, pretty easy for most people though if you have extremely bad arthritis in your hands it could cause some issues because it can take a little bit of "omf" to pull it out, nothing major but enough to where bad arthritis could cause issues. (But again that is probably true of 10s as well seeing as any tank that needs to be air tight will require a little bit of "omf" to separate it from the seal the air pressure makes.)
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was me, I would choose the 10 because I’m always Leary of new products. I want some track history. Also from above….I don’t want to have to redo my battery backup because the fittings have changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go with the A10 series for hardware ruggedness. The same basic hardware is used for both the AirSense and AirCurve series machines. Have noticed that only an AirSense11 is being offered and not an AirCurve11? That leaves some doubt in my mind.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 11:07 PM)sansnap Wrote: I have an aging Resmed Airsense Autoset10 (for her) that is getting noisy and it's due for replacement. I also have a regular Resmed 10 (not for her) that has very few hours on it but is about the same age.  I got it as a travel backup and use it on the road.  My coverage will pay (mostly) for a replacement of the noisy machine and my DME has the ResMed 11 as a replacement.  

It appears to be possible to get a ResMed 10 (Card to cloud version) instead. Which one should would you choose?

Reading the card is not a concern and in fact, the data connection on these older machines was never fully set up - I always took the card into my DRs office when to be read/noted annually (also routinely read them myself).

Any thoughts about the 10 vs the 11?

The 11 is the smoothest and finest algorithm yet.  Its basically the 10 with a water chamber that holds a bit less.  IT IS ABSOLUTELY SILENT.  (but this IS cause for concern as a weaker shorter lasting blower motor may be the end result).  Still that does not matter if you can get one every three years and plastics degrade poisoning you so you should..   But I suspect it works more efficiently as I can set mine on 2 and its plenty of moisture.  Caveat is that I am in a humid climate.  The 11 is still kinda hard to acquire.  I actually just sent my brand new 11 back after 45 days due to all kinds of plastic and then electronic smells.  The plastic was not subsiding quickly and intermittent and then I started having a burning motor or board type issue..  I WANT TO POINT OUT that who knows if I am having another Covid experience in which EVERYTHING SMELLS LIKE BURNING ELECTRONICS when you are sick..  But I suspect the big rush to produce so many to cover the Phillips market failure and still provide for their regular base, and in conjunction with covid has made for some errors in production.  So we have a lot of inexperienced people building them perhaps.  But that is starting to correct I suspect.

But the main reason you want an 11 is that they discontinue prior models more quickly these days and service and parts become less and less available.  As well as the DME's stop providing them and service stops...  The days of the Resmed 9 that was around for well over a decade I think are going bye bye..

FYI you can still put a card in the 11.  Also I am not certain but I read a few posts recently where the 10 may be on 3g and loosing service.  That matters with these sorry health care policies today trying to put us all on a payment play so we never hit our deductibles.  And United health for example uses the caveat that they can force you to do the rental thing based on lack of experience thus trying to weed out those that don't really need a cpap.  Or at least make it harder for simple snoar'erz to acquire one unless they really want it..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 221 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,540 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,414 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.