Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement options - new machine soon
RE: Replacement options - new machine soon
My wife has a Dreamstation and I have a one week old ResMed AirSEnse. My prior machine and now spare is my old PR System One. Couple of things I can say. To me, the AirSense is a lot quieter than the the Dreamstation. I can hear my wife's machine on the other side of the bed, but not hear mine which is right next to me. I also like the smaller start button. My wife had to put a hard cover of sorts (mini shelf) over her unit as the cats would walk across the machine and turn it on or off. Granted, you have to more or less search for the button on the AirSense but the cats can't get to it (at least not yet).

Those are my additions to what has already been said.

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate all the input on this thread. It seems odd to obsess about this choice to such a degree but these machines are expensive and I have to live with it for a long while. While I have heartburn about the modem on the resmed machine I also have trouble getting past the form factor of the dreamstation. On balance it seems like each has a detracting feature.

Any bets about durability on these two models?
Post Reply Post Reply
Homerec130: Why not use auto-start and auto-stop ("Smartstart", as Resmed calls it), and ignore the start/stop button?

sansnap: I'm curious about why the form factor of the Dreamstation is unattractive to you. I've seen the photos but haven't used that machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2018, 04:31 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: sansnap:  I'm curious about why the form factor of the Dreamstation is unattractive to you.  I've seen the photos but haven't used that machine.

The Dreamstation is quite a bit larger than the Resmed machine.

Resmed: 4.57" x 10.04" x 5.91" H
Dreamstation: 7.6" x 11.7" x  x 3.3" H
Current machine: 6.5" x 10.5" x 4" H

I travel a lot - smaller is better Wink

6.5" x 10.75" x 4"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,824 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,124 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 199 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,899 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.