Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for suggestions, Heart problem with CPAP ?
Question 

First off thank you in advance for reading this.

I am new to using the cpap data and have seen what I assumed a data problem. I dismissed it as nothing. I wanted to get more information so as suggested I got a recording oximeter.

Using Sleepyhead to combine both machines data it looks like they both show an event. I think that it may not be something to dismiss. The events are not on every days chart and they are not always the same. What I first saw was a pulse rate over 200. Adding the oxygen information that drops into the 60's made me take more interest. The pules goes away for about 30 seconds then returns at a very slow beat for another 30 seconds before returning to a normal rate. I am going to take this information to my doctor in the morning but I was hoping that you might offer some ideas.

I am not alb to send a screen shot yet. I will when I can.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for suggestions, Heart problem with CPAP ?
Keeping in mind, I am not a doctor, it sounds like episodes of either afib or Vtach.
You likely need to be on a 24 hour Holter monitor to record your EKG over a day/night.
Or, it could be "SSS" Sick Sinus Syndrome. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_sinus_syndrome

Then again, it could just be an artifact of your oximeter.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your cardiologist will be very interested in your findings. keep us posted.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a visit set up for Tuesday. It was the soonest time I could get. I will let you know the outcome.

Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the lung doctor today. He looked at the charts from Sleepyhead and sent me to get set up for a Holter monitor as this form suggested. He also set up a "Sniff test" to check for other problems. I will try to keep you folks up to date.

Thanks for all the great information.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had to look up sniff test...
"The sniff test is a fluoroscopic exam used to evaluate whether the diaphragm (the muscle that controls breathing) moves in the proper direction during various maneuvers including normal breathing and while rapidly inhaling."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking that was like a cat scan (as opposed to a CAT scan).

Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 192 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.