Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone?
Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone?

Has anyone ever found and replaced the reservoir gaskets in a ResMed AirSense machine?
I am getting a wheezing sound on the inhale cycle and replacing the actual reservoir in the past has generally solved this... but the recent new replacement does not solve the wheezing.  It reduced it but did not eliminate it and I am suspecting the gasket seals.

See images below:  there is one (that leads to the hose) which is easy to remove, but the other one is not as obvious to R&R without perhaps going deeper. 

Has anyone replaced these?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone?
I haven't replaced the gasket because my machine is very new. It was completely silent until the bozo from the DME inserted the humidifier. Then it started making noises on inhale, and I could feel a very slight air flow around the humidifier gasket.

Following an idea from Red, I smeared the gasket with Lansinoh so that it would seal properly. That seems to have helped. (I use Lansinoh anyway on my nares, but you could use any greasy substance that's food grade and odorless).

HTH :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Trident food grade silicone lubricant from Amazon when I replaced my motor.

Food Grade Food Grade Pure Silicone Grease, 2.0 fl. oz. (59 ml) Jar
Visit the Trident Store
4.7 out of 5 stars 1,789 ratings | 85 answered questions
-7% $13.95$13.95 ($6.98$6.98 / Fl Oz)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies... I would really like to replace the gaskets...but-

...from the responses to apply a liniment of sorts I guess the intent is to "soften" the gaskets to soften them up so at to better fit against the reservoir chamber?? Is this the scheme?
Post Reply Post Reply
S.L ping, It was for me. My thought was since I was replacing my blower motor I should also clean everything I could. And since those silicone gaskets were intended to create a seal with the surface of the tank, I cleaned and lubed them to help maintain their flexibility which would also ensure a good surface to surface seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did you get the replacement blower motor (or other parts?)

I have 2 identical machines and on the oldest one I did some deep disassembly. Not too difficult, just need to be careful. If possible I would like to get a parts manual (with part numbers if possible) to do some maintenance.

I will try the liniment on the seals though in the mean time,

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having the same issue that you are.   I wanted to replace that inside gasket, not the one that exits to the hose, because the silicone was deformed and let in air. 

I could not find the party part online and when I investigated further,  I found out it is something only a professional should do. 

So I did some thinking. Uh oh.  I decided to try and MacGyver a fix.  I placed a rubber grommet on the humidifier box side, on the hole that connects to the worn out gasket.  And it works!!!

Here is the link to what I ordered from Amazon and I used the 7/8" size.   You will get a nice, tight seal that will get rid of noises.

Search for Skinner 190 piece rubber grommet.  This board will not let me post the link. 

ISPINNER 190pcs Rubber Grommet
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 10 was making the same noise. I found that the "unreplacable" inlet seal to the water chamber was the problem. I cut 3/4 inch off the rubber end an old CPAP hose and insrted it tightly in the water camber inlet leaving about 1/8 of an inch protruding. Noise is gone. See the attached photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the outlet seals replaced when I replaced the motor at Advans CPAP Supplier #28. It was another $20 and it replace the outlets where the tube attaches and the one coming into the humidifier chamber. Only the outlet seal is available from vendors. Anyway, my Vauto had zero hours and worked and sounded like new.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably too obvious, but I wonder if Resmed has the parts somehow. Probably not worth their time to send one out though. Ugh!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 41 7 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,928 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 537 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 392 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,253 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 1,060 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.