Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacing CPAP - do I have enough info for programming?
Replacing CPAP - do I have enough info for programming?
Hi everyone.
Long story short, my mother's old S8 Autoset II has had the dreaded 1019 error and I've tried the normal ways to fix it for the past few days while she's using her even older backup.  She's recently relocated but we've managed to locate her old prescription and her former RRT has given us her last settings.  A referral for an updated Rx and a sleep study isn't really feasible. The plan is to replace and get a new machine.
Here's the information that I have:
Most recent settings on the machine were pressures set for 6-20 cm/H2O  with EPR at 2.
Original prescription (from 2002) indicated that the pressure should be set at 14 cm/H20

Question -- is this information all that's required to get a new machine up and running? I'm looking at a "ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her".  I'd consider programming it myself, however, I'd also like to sure that the new supplier has enough info if they do the initial settings/programming.

Thanks very much
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacing CPAP - do I have enough info for programming?
Hi kdw613 - Welcome

You have all the info to get started.  I would recommend two things.
  1. Download a copy of #SleepyHead so you may further refine her settings for better therapy.
  2. Obtain a copy of the Clinician manual for the A10.
Both can be found at the top of any page of this forum.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I strongly suggest downloading SleepyHead, and make sure you have an SD card (one should come with a new AutoSet)
Are you utilizing insurance?  If not ask here and we can direct you to the lower cost purchasing alternatives.

With detailed Sleepyhead charts we can help you monitor and alter settings if necessary.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you look at Supplier #33 if your buying out of pocket or one of the Canadian suppliers
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier#34, all-in-one package Resmed AirSense 10 for her, humidifier, climate line, 1 mask, free shipping, $829 can. 800 phone #. Just call & ask them if they can do what you want. PapSmart is in the Toronto area.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed Autoset for Her. Yes, it is easy to do the settings. I personally would not start the settings so low as 4 (which is a pediatric setting) but 6. Once you have a week of results from 6-20, then look at the data to see what is happening. Experience has shown that having the lower setting close to where it eliminates apneas is excellent, but you need to figure out where that low needs to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey kdw613, welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. You're on your way to better health!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your help and quick replies. A new Airsense 10 Autoset for Her is on the way. Looking forward to getting my mom hooked up and back to optimal sleep, and I'll be sure to review the data with SleepyHead and come back for future guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
If 14 is her normal setting, set the ResMed10 Autoset to 8 or 10 low and EPR of 1 and leave it open at 20.
See how things go over a week and adjust accordingly, but do not take the high down to low.
Make sure you adjust it for narrow hose or normal and mask type.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,650 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,181 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,570 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.