Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacing PR system one apap 560p
Replacing PR system one apap 560p
I have had the PR System One APAP 560P for a long time and want it replaced with one of like features. 

1. In a new prescription what do I need to make sure is included to get an APAP
2. Is my current machine only an APAP or also bi-bap because I know the exhalation seems easier (maybe some settings I have set?) 

Suggestions on full data model replacement?

Yes I know about the recall it is what has prompted me to replace the PR APAP. 

Thank you for any information and assistance, it’s been a long time since I was on the apnea board but when I was originally diagnosed this site was invaluable!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacing PR system one apap 560p
It appears with the info you've given in your old machine, this is probably a CPAP Auto type machine.

I will suggest 3 good replacements, depending on if you're going via insurance. I personally wouldn't be interested in Philips due to foamgate. I would look up ResMed instead, most get better and more comfortable therapy compared to similar Philips Respironics units.

Newest is a ResMed AirSense 11, an AutoSet with for her mode included. The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet For Her are still good. Both these have an integrated humidifier making the form factor more compact than your 560. Older ResMed AirSense 9 AutoSet will be fine if you're needing less expensive like if you're paying cash. These have an accessory humidifier I believe. All 3 ResMed's can upload data to a free report tool OSCAR so you can see very detailed therapy reports.

PS OSCAR is a continuation of the sleepyhead project. OSCAR is similar but had been updated frequently to remove report bugs. Sleepyhead has not been updated for several years, as best as I'm aware.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome "back" to Apnea Board!

I used to use the same Apap, (PR 560 Auto).  This is not a BiPap.

Unfortunately, most of Phillips machines have been recalled.  There is no PR Auto machine to recommend due to the DreamStation1 recall.  The DreamStation 2 is not currently supported by OSCAR software.

The machine I recommend for you to get is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the newest AirSense 11 AutoSet.   If you are able to get a BiLevel, ask for the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto.  

The ResMed Cpaps have a feature called EPR (Exhale Pressure Relief) which is much better than the AFlex setting you used on the PR machine.  You can receive up to 3cm drop in pressure when exhaling.  EPR is not just a comfort feature, as it also helps with Flow Limitations and Hypopneas.

Your prescription should state the exact Model name and preferably with a pressure range written on the script.  This way, the DME can't substitute another brand.  It's really up to you to push this with your Doctor and DME.  Be a squeaky wheel and don't accept anything less.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes, the no substitute clause...DAW Dispense As Written.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both so much for the information. 

One additional question. 

Suggested best home sleep test. Need the rd for replacement machine. Do you know of one you would trust or people have had good luck with?

Thanks, once again 8 years later this board helps out! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never used a home sleep test, but here is a list of online providers.  Maybe check them out and compare.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid404296
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second OpalRose's statement on the PR560 vs. the ResMed machines. I had just switched to ResMed shortly before the recall and I'm so glad I did. I like the ResMed and it's features SO much better than the 5 year old PR and am doing much better on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,232 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,421 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.