Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacing old RemStar, any advice?
Replacing old RemStar, any advice?
My old 10 year old Remstar is giving up the ghost and I have been perusing here and checking the online stores and I have narrowed my choice to the ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP or the Philips PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth.

The second one is brand new and has the Bluetooth module built-in.

The both run about $880 fully packed.

Since my old Remstar has worked so well I am leaning toward the PR 60, but I know manufacturers change over the years (I have been in consumer electronic sales for most of my life and I have seen Sony TVs go from absolutely the best to just another TV) so I am not married to Philips.

Anyone have a strong preference?

One other point, the new PR 60 has a phone app (SleepMapper) but I read a lot here about SleepyHead. My Windows box is also 10 years old and quite clunky. I am now using a chromebook for just about everything. Can SleepyHead work with a chromebook?

If not, that might really be a reason to go to the new Bluetooth model Remstar.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacing old RemStar, any advice?
At [commercial DME link removed, please refer to "Supplier #1] they had the new DS560BT listed at $639 retail with heated humidifier/tube as a $229 option = $868. (making it about the same price as the ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP which is $883)

But they also had a "Call in for price" and when I called they went about $200 less for the new box. Now the total was $644 with the heated humidifier/tube.

Since I was on the fence when they were about the same price, the discount swayed me and I have the new box winging its way.

I'll post in about 2 weeks to give you my opinion (if you want one ...."Hey, where's my Smilie?")

Oh...there it is... Sleep-well

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eddie willers
I cannot tell much you about PRS1 machines, have not used any
I've started with S9 AutoSet and last year got the new one AirSesne 10 AutoSet
Both good machines, might prefer the S9 as being my first machine and have used it for number of years with good results

If you're going with ResMed - AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her is the same machine as the regular AutoSet but with an extra mode "AutoSet for Her"

From time to time, might download the data from The SD card, using ResScan and SleepyHead
But for every day, data shown on the LCD sleep report are quite comprehensive and all what I need

As for prices, check out Supplier #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my email with the breakdown on prices:

PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth $485.00
PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube $159.00
CPAP Hose Lift System for Travel and Home $29.95
ComfortGel Blue Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Small $59.50

Return Insurance For ComfortGel Blue Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear $0.00
PR 60 Series Bluetooth Information $0.00

Subtotal: $733.45
Shipping: Free
Total Price: $733.45
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 04:25 PM)zonk Wrote: As for prices, check out Supplier #2

As you can see...too late for your price list, but I was very happy to see that [commercial DME link removed, please refer to "Supplier #1] was at the top of the list. I know...probably alphabetically, but there nonetheless Grin

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 04:27 PM)eddie willers Wrote: Just got my email with the breakdown on prices:

PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth is a new machine from PR
The quoted prices are different than the advertised prices on their site, unless I'm looking at the wrong site
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth $639.00
PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube $229.00

Post Reply Post Reply
OK...gotcha.

I thought since what I posted was not a "hot link" to anywhere, it would be OK.

So for anyone that wants to know, there was a "call-in" discount at Supplier #1.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 05:01 PM)eddie willers Wrote: So for anyone that wants to know, there was a "call-in" discount at Supplier #1.
That is a good discount, unfortunately not good for me
They don't ship to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Eddie, I know you took a couple dings posting the links to Supplier #1. Just want to say, good information anyway. This is my first awareness of the new BT models.

For the O.P. I upgraded to the DS560P auto and added a heated hose kit. Had great results with the new Resmed /Airfit P10 mask. I even went out to get a DS760P for a backup, and it was even better. So that is my current machine, and it cut my AHI by at least 50% from the older M-series I used before. You really can't go wrong with either choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 04:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 04:27 PM)eddie willers Wrote: Just got my email with the breakdown on prices:

PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth is a new machine from PR
The quoted prices are different than the advertised prices on their site, unless I'm looking at the wrong site
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth $639.00
PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube $229.00
I was all prepared to buy at that price, but noticed that at the page for the new box it said: List price $639.00 but underneath that it had: Call [their 800 #] for pricing.

So I called instead of clicking through the order I was placing.

I kept saying "are you SURE that is for the new bluetooth model?" and they said "Yes". "And the Humidifier is less than $229?" and they said "Yes".

So I am guessing that since they had a "Call for our price" notation, they were going to get a jump on their competitors.

I posted above from my actual email receipt from them and checked my bank to see what amount was withdrawn. They took the quoted amount. I was so happy I paid full pop for a new Comfort Gel mask at $59.50 and a new Hose lifter while I was there.

If they send an old one (I should get it by Wed), I will raise holy heck and post back here. Grin

(08-14-2015, 05:03 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 05:01 PM)eddie willers Wrote: So for anyone that wants to know, there was a "call-in" discount at Supplier #1.
That is a good discount, unfortunately not good for me
They don't ship to Australia
I'm such a slow typist, I keep being one post behind you.

Yeah...I'm sure that is a call in price only and probably restricted to US buyers. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,849 1 hour ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.