Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacing supplies
RE: Replacing supplies
(10-04-2015, 08:23 AM)so_unique1 Wrote: My suggestion to you and anyone else using a cpap machine is get one with the best type of filter. This is the most important thing about these machines unless you have the air quality in your home, and any other place you use this machine tested.

The air coming from your machine is no different than the air you are breathing without the machine on. The variables are cleanliness of the tank, hose, and mask. All of which are after the filter.

Of primary importance is viewable, worthwhile data.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2015, 01:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 08:23 AM)so_unique1 Wrote: My suggestion to you and anyone else using a cpap machine is get one with the best type of filter. This is the most important thing about these machines unless you have the air quality in your home, and any other place you use this machine tested.

The air coming from your machine is no different than the air you are breathing without the machine on. The variables are cleanliness of the tank, hose, and mask. All of which are after the filter.

Of primary importance is viewable, worthwhile data.
I agree. Unless something happens to make me change my mind, I think a lot of needless emphasis is placed on cleanliness. A CPAP machine is a pricey item, and the manufacturer has no idea where a particular machine will be used, hence the filter to protect the moving parts. After about three months of use, I looked at my filter under a magnifier and saw no dust at all, so I rinsed it out, air dried it and re-installed it. This may seem like a sacrilege to some, but I didn't worry. However, the DME insists on sending me a stack of them every three months, so I guess I'll just replace them from now on every so often. I also have a drawer full of all other supplies, and I can't refuse them. I love that Uncle cares so much about my health. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2015, 08:23 AM)so_unique1 Wrote: My suggestion to you and anyone else using a cpap machine is get one with the best type of filter.
S9 and AirSense 10 uses the same air filters, ResMed makes two types of air filters:
1- Standard air fiters
2- Hypoallergenic air filters
I've used both filters, standard air filter always look clean, while hypoallergenic air filters get dirty much sooner

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 1,426 04-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: kalensk
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 180 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 224 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 333 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 979 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 436 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 417 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.