Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Report Data
Report Data
I have been on CPAP now for two weeks. It has made me feel a lot better - I'm much more clear headed. I also have more energy. But yesterday and today, my brain was foggy. I still have more energy, but not thinking as clearly. Maybe a temporary thing.

I was wondering if my machine, a ResMed S9, was recording data, and I Googled for that. I discovered the SleepyHead software. Cool! But one problem. There doesn't seem to be any data on the SD card from my CPAP. I'm a retired programmer, so I looked up the data format. The data files are supposed to be in the DATALOG folder, and are .edf files. But there aren't any.

Is there something I need to do to start data logging? It is recording the qualification data, so that's a good thing, but I'd like to be able to check how I'm doing.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Report Data
the escape doesn't record any useful data.

if you look on the back, and find the REF number on the label, and it is 36001, it's an escape, and pretty useless for data.

you need at 36003 (elite) or a 36005 (autoset) for data. (many more models too, but those are the two most common ones that provide data.)

the sad thing is, it's probably the exact same hardware inside, just gimped by firmware... I haven't taken apart an escape to compare with the elite and adapt I have opened up... they were identical, even though one costs 3-4x what the first does.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2014, 08:15 PM)wthalliii Wrote: I have been on CPAP now for two weeks. It has made me feel a lot better - I'm much more clear headed. I also have more energy. But yesterday and today, my brain was foggy. I still have more energy, but not thinking as clearly. Maybe a temporary thing.

I was wondering if my machine, a ResMed S9, was recording data, and I Googled for that. I discovered the SleepyHead software. Cool! But one problem. There doesn't seem to be any data on the SD card from my CPAP. I'm a retired programmer, so I looked up the data format. The data files are supposed to be in the DATALOG folder, and are .edf files. But there aren't any.

Is there something I need to do to start data logging? It is recording the qualification data, so that's a good thing, but I'd like to be able to check how I'm doing.

Thanks.
Hi wthalliii,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Unfortunately, the S9Escape is not a data-capable machine.
The S9Elite or the S9AutoSet are both data-capable machines.
The machine you have now only shows compliance data. Since you haven't been at it that long, you might take the Escape back to your DME and have then exchange it.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. That was a fast response. Thanks.

It's a 36002. My DME is Monitor Medical. I'll talk to them on Tuesday and see if I can get a machine that logs data. It sure would be nice to be able to find out what's going on without having to schedule a sleep study. That wasn't a pleasant experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2014, 08:45 PM)wthalliii Wrote: Wow. That was a fast response. Thanks.

It's a 36002. My DME is Monitor Medical. I'll talk to them on Tuesday and see if I can get a machine that logs data. It sure would be nice to be able to find out what's going on without having to schedule a sleep study. That wasn't a pleasant experience.

They might give you some crap about that. But persevere. Often they can be worn down by considered logic. And of course the clear and present fact that you will take your request back to your doc, ask for a prescription stating to fill with a Resmed S9 Autoset, and make them return the one they gave you.

It'll be fine. You'll see.

In the meantime, yes the foggy thing you are talking about could likely just be a one time thing. For some reason you simply didn't sleep as well last night, your mask wasn't sealed as well as it has been, you ate one too many tacos the night before, or perhaps one too few given the margaritas you forced down. Anyhow, look forward to having a better night tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL. Yeah, it must have been that last margarita.

Good idea about going back to the doctor. I will try that if Monitor Medical gives me grief.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2014, 08:45 PM)wthalliii Wrote: Wow. That was a fast response. Thanks.

36002 S9 APAP/CPAP Escape Auto (No data)

that's the smarter (auto) version of the dumbed down one... which always makes me scratch my head *grin*
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2014, 08:15 PM)wthalliii Wrote: I was wondering if my machine, a ResMed S9, was recording data, and I Googled for that. I discovered the SleepyHead software.
S9 Escape Auto (as shown in user profile) report limited data, usage and AHI on the machine and SD card but no leak or detailed data with graphs (Elite and Autoset are full data capable machines)

SleepyHead (SH) is of no use to you, SH need the detailed data
ResScan does not care about detailed data, would report some statistics and compliance data
ResScan download link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 174 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 178 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,455 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.