Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Report for doctor
Report for doctor
Hi all,

I've been using a CPAP for about 6 weeks so far - 2 of which were trial. Bought a ResMed Elite late June to take advantage of a special 10% off for a package. I downloaded SleepyHead and have been uploading data to it since I first started using CPAP.

Next week I have my first doctor follow-up appointment and it seems I have to bring along machine data.

The statistics as shown on SleepyHead seem to be 'just' a 1 page summary (screen shot as attached - is this enough information for the doctor please? There also seems to be an option File > Export Data > Export for Review. When I clicked on the 'Export for Review' I got a pop-up message "Sorry, this feature is not implemented yet." Is there something I can do to implement as this may be what is required. There was another option "CSV Export Wizard" and a new dialogue box opened up - for which I have no idea of what to do.

OK so after all that, what should I take of the above options PLEASE.

Thanks in advance

David. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Report for doctor
G'day David. SleepyHead will also give you daily charts which are more useful for looking at your data in detail. However I expect the doctor will have Resmeds own software so you just need to give him the SD card. Quite often they want you to bring the whole machine so they can make adjustments if necessary.

You should probably give them a call to confirm what they actually need.
Post Reply Post Reply
David, with regard to your question, your doctor would be much more impressed if you generate a report from ResScan, which you can download free from the forum private files area. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

ResScan is the approved proprietary software for Resmed devices and the only one that produces the kind of compliance reports and efficacy reports your doctor will be familiar with.

Your Sleepyhead results are of course pretty understandable, and it is clear you need to either increase your CPAP pressure or select Auto CPAP with a range of 6-10, and turn down EPR to 1 or 2. You are undermining your fixed pressure of 7 with an EPR of 3 resulting in a maximum pressure of 7/4 cm. This is leaving you with a fairly high obstructive apnea index that you could easily fix. If you were to turn EPR from 3 to 1 tonight, I can assure you that you will see a huge difference in your results tonight, even if you leave your machine in fixed CPAP mode at 7.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I've downloaded the ResScan software and had a look at it. All new to me, so more learning curve here.

Thanks again

David
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some nice reports that ResScan can produce, including compliance and details. The trick is to set the date range you want for the report.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 367 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,478 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,284 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 632 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 729 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.