Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Reporting system?
I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.
Does anyone have any ideas?
02-13-2015 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

RE: Reporting system?
Number one! Wear it when you are awake to balance out any issues with getting the required number of hours sleeping. Put it on early and read a book.

You have to want to get better. We know you want to get better. You are not cheating, you are adapting. You do not need a big brother.

They are not santa claus - they do not know when you are sleeping.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-13-2015 06:34 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

You need software such as SleepyHead to view the contents of your data card. You can download it from here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/ There is also an excellent Sleepyhead users guide and discussion in this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

Using the software allows you to check compliance, but also (and more importantly) allows you to fine tune your therapy and identify problems which might prevent you from getting optimum value from your machine.

If you just want to check compliance, there is a menu item on your machine itself which can give you that information (page 10 of the user manual).

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-13-2015 08:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
surferdude2 Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro & Optilife
Humidifier: ResMed H5i @ #3 if nose breathing & #5 if mouth breathing
CPAP Pressure: 12 ~ 20 & 11 ~12 if nasal mask
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Late stage 2 emphysema

Hi DJ4wd, Having been a cross country trucker for a period of my life I can appreciate the problems that CPAP therapy would present to a driver. You haven't said whether you are a long haul driver who sleeps in the sleeper berth of the cab or whether you are fortunate enough to sleep at home every night.

Long haul drivers have little opportunity to read or watch TV and if they smoke (which many do), little time for wearing the mask other than when in the sleeper berth. Even so, 70% compliance shouldn't be too hard to pull off. According to the D.O.T., if you can't make that, you're a hazard and shouldn't be driving a rig. Whether you and I agree with that or not doesn't matter. It's there and must be complied with.

I hope you're in compliance but if you aren't you had better have a good excuse or else you may be unemployed for the next 90 days. You can't cheat on these data cards, they are absolute tattle tales and will spill the beans on you. Get the software and check your card data to see where you stand. That is not to say it'll make any difference, since it is what it is and you're stuck with it. It may put you at ease if it shows you to be in compliance. The important thing it will do is point out whether you need to adjust your therapy so that you are getting enough rest to be a safe driver.

Good luck...keep the greasy side down and let us know how it works out for you. Your therapy pressure may need some adjustment so the software will help to point out any need and there are plenty of folks here to assist you with that if need be.

Best regards,
Dude
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 09:01 PM by surferdude2.)
02-13-2015 08:56 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

can't you look in the menu and see the compliance info on the screen of your machine? Just a suggestion
02-13-2015 09:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

(02-13-2015 06:22 PM)DJ4wd Wrote:  I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.

DJ4wd,
Have you been using your machine at least 4 hours a night? That is the minimum
requirement for compliance. They also look for 30 days of consecutive use anytime within a 90 day period. Your insurance/requirement may be different.
Now with that said, are you using your CPAP? It does take some time to adjust, but you can do this. When I first started, I brought my machine out to the living room, put my mask on and just read for a while. After about an hour of reading, I almost forgot I was wearing that mask...I said almost. :grin:
Anyway, good luck.

OpalRose
02-13-2015 09:44 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-13-2015 06:22 PM)DJ4wd Wrote:  I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.

Bring in your machine when you go visit the doc. Even if the data on the card is corrupted, the compliance data is in the machine itself, and can be read through the display.

Take the water tank out before you move the machine.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-14-2015 01:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DJ4wd Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Wow that's a ton of great responses, and information. And here I try to answer. I haven't been to the Sleep Dr. in 6 yrs or so, and my insurance company wont pay for the study as long as its DOT, so maybe I can wait for a few weeks, and go to my regular Dr about it.
I go to be at 7pm, get up at 130am, and work 12-14hr days 5 days at a time. I am home every night, so that's a plus. (oil hauler)

I use the machine every night, and once a few nights ago I slept almost all night, and felt better the next day. Your right I don't need a big brother, but I also recognize the need to for this in my life.

Does this rag smell like chloroform?
02-14-2015 05:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PR System One: C-Check vs Auto? Ailu 8 3,003 11-29-2016 02:04 PM
Last Post: TonyJ
  Philips system one noisy jpsantell 2 266 10-29-2016 10:54 AM
Last Post: robysue
  CPAP cleaning system Tommy C 97 62,754 10-20-2016 05:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Pilot-24 CPAP Battery System from Medistrom sonicboom 15 4,573 09-16-2016 11:07 AM
Last Post: DSchabel
  Remstar System One Resistance system holden4th 5 442 08-09-2016 10:17 AM
Last Post: green wings
  Data value ~ Don't normally see value in data reporting ... OMyMyOHellYes 0 181 07-29-2016 09:36 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Advise please - navigating US health system for a sleep study Carbon 16 1,115 07-21-2016 11:49 PM
Last Post: ED OF SO CAL